Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Some Sneak Peek Sweetness with SASI


You are hardly going to believe Taylor is releasing 5 sets to ring in the New Year with us! They are so delectable (I can say that because they are cupcakes!!) I have a sneak peek from A Year of Sweets 2 which are images for May, June, July & August. I am showing you June; happens to be my birthmonth (the 3rd) and also my mom & dad's anniversary (5th). I love that June also has other significance such as Juneteenth celebration, graduations, weddings, births and the beginning of Summer to name a few!!

I love the cuppies sharing a picnic in the sun but I wonder what cuppies have in the picnic basket? My DMIL asked me, what do cupcakes eat? It was so funny, I just chuckled. I said they look like eggs and laughed some more.

I stamped & colored my cuppie picnic image on new cardstock that Taylor will also carry in the store called Choice Cardstock. It will come in white & natural whie, a sturdy 100 lb that gives perfect results with copics & prismacolor pencils which is what I used here. I used Green Galore cardbase & apple green/white polka dot ribbon from Taylored Expressions and DCWV summer glitter stack pieces. The sentiment 'Let's Get Together' is from a Year of Sweets Sentiments - so many in there, you will be delighted at the of the appropriate sentiments for the vast array of cuteness being released!!

Next up is my calendar project! Everyone needs a calendar for the new year & what could be sweeter & more trendy than a cupcake calendar?? I so adore it. Taylor will also feature 2 calendar options for purchase, a perpetual birthday calendar & 6x6 dated calendar, which is what I am showcasing today. You can purchase a "Frame Your Imagination vertical stand" - which is unfinished wood to hang your dated calendar in 6x6 page protectors which will also be available to purchase in the TE store. I chose to paint my stand white with acrylic paint to jazz it up a little.

Isn't it cute how the card & calendar coordinate? How about making a year's worth of cards & make it a point to send a card every month to a special friend? How special would that make them feel (hey, that was a good idea-hopefully I follow-through with that thought).

Be sure to check out all the Baker's Dozen DT members to see what they baked up for your sweet tooth today & be sure to come back tomorrow for another sneak peek! The sets will be released on Thursday evening 11:00 p.m. CST at the store!
Pin It

25 comments on "Some Sneak Peek Sweetness with SASI"

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 10:04 AM CST said...

Oh how cute, Donna!

Unknown on 10:43 AM CST said...

SO adorable, Donna!

Jami on 10:51 AM CST said...

Donna - really super adorable! Great job coloring withthose pencils! I may need to drag mine out!

Lori Craig on 11:19 AM CST said...

Donna - this is really super cute! LOVE your card - just the right amount of bling and wonderful coloring. I just love looking at your blog. Such wonderful projects!
Happy New Year!

Denise Marzec on 11:20 AM CST said...

Donna, you totally rock! I love the fresh colors in your card and how it goes so well with the calendar. Awesome, girl!!

Taylor on 11:23 AM CST said...

So sweet, Donna! I love the bright colors you used on the June calendar image and creating a card with each image to send to a friend each month is such a great idea!

Taylor on 11:24 AM CST said...

P.S. I think the cuppies are eating rolls, but you'd have to ask Jessie for sure. :) Or eggs if you prefer. *wink*

Cat Tidwell on 11:27 AM CST said...

Too stinking cute Donna! Love the bright cheerfulness of these creations! Wonderful job on the coloring too!

Ana Wohlfahrt on 12:04 PM CST said...

How cute Donna!! Your creations always make me smile :)

emilymomto3boys on 12:26 PM CST said...

These are adorable Donna! I think this may be my first set from Taylor! I love her designs and this might just push me over the edge!


When you coming up this way again so we can stamp together for once?????

StinkerbellSteph on 1:26 PM CST said...

Your such an amazing artist! Love these beautifully colored images & the way you paired it w/the ribbon and dp.

Jody Morrow on 2:31 PM CST said...

That is SO SO cute! I'm getting my money ready. :) You're such an enabler! :)

Rose Ann on 3:37 PM CST said...

Your card and calendar are totally adorable, Donna...and your coloring is amazing as well!! It looks like more fantastic stamps to be tempted by. *wink*

Terri on 3:38 PM CST said...

Love it, Donna...the matching card is adorable!

Sharon Harnist on 4:15 PM CST said...

Great way to showcase the different uses of these stamps, Donna!

Carol (HB) on 5:41 PM CST said...

Thud. (that was my jaw hitting the table)
Donna, this project is wonderful! Your coloring is fabulous and I love the little touches of bling!

Carolina on 5:50 PM CST said...

You blew me away with the calendar idea...you know how much I love those!!!

Your summer scene is colored to perfection and the ribbon treatment - yummo!!!

Huge hugs and a wonderful New Year to you and John.

Love & Hugs!

Anonymous said...

LOVE THIS DONNA!! So cute!

Monika/Buzsy on 7:27 PM CST said...

Donna, great page. Love the matching card. Nice colors. TFS!

Jessie/knightrone on 12:10 AM CST said...

This is completely adorable!!

JessicaK on 12:14 AM CST said...

OMG I just saw this! So cute - have no words. Love this couple.

Ila on 9:03 AM CST said...

Wow!! Super Cute!! the card and the calender are Totally Fabulous!!...Happy Healthy New Year!!!...Hugs, Ila

Anonymous said...

OMGosh!!! How adorable!!! Not only is this image one of the cutest...but your calendar and matching card are off the chart cute! Love it!!

Stephanie Hargis on 1:46 PM CST said...

This is absolutely adorable Donna! I LOVE your coloring! It is just fantastic! Way to go girl! :D I hope that you had a wonderful Christmas! Happy New Year!

Lee on 3:00 AM CST said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! FANtastic!! That calendar is just waaaaaaaaaaaay coooooooooooooool!!!!

Post a Comment