Thursday, January 1, 2009

Melanie's Blogaversary Celebration: Day 1


Well the big day is here! A year ago Melanie finally gave in to my many encouraging persuading remarks to start her blog (HA!) and now the big week-long celebration is here-I hope you will be a part of it!

Melanie is such a sweetheart and definitely a true artist; as evidenced if you have spent any time at all reading her blog or bought any of her stamps (14 sets so far) she illustrates for Gina K Designs. Long before stamp designing was on her mind, she wowed SCSer's as one of the first Dirty Dozen gals, and was also an SU! demonstrator (and that is the reason we met in the first place!) I will never forget the day I saw her in her pregnant glory; she may say otherwise since she was pretty far along but I have to tell you she really is a true beauty, inside & out and when I introduced myself to her I felt like a dork when I recognized her as Melmel on SCS and was so excited about it (she probably thought I was a dork because of my excitement!) Anyhow, I still have the beautiful card I made of hers at the shoebox swap and am proud to say I have many more Melanie Originals in my stash (smile). Shortly after meeting her, I didn't see her for a long time (she had William, her 3 1/2 yr old and we lost touch but occasionally would email - well just a few times. But somehow last year we really got back in touch and it's been great that our friendship truly has grown and I am so grateful for her (in fact I miss her when we don't talk or see one another a few times a week!)

I was so excited for Melanie when she was finally able to share the news she would be designing her own stamps & I was so excited for her! I just KNEW I would become her biggest fan so naturally I want to help her promote her BIG Blogaversary Blowout and plan to post a card/project every day for the full week of celebrations!

Now onto my first card - made using her very first set Just So Hippy (monkey and hippy greeting) and Hip Hop Accessories (rattle, pacifier and baby greeting) I also made it for Gina K's daily challenge Sew-Long 2008 so funny so I did some faux stitching on my card {secretly hoping I win the Janome Sew Mini she is giving away as blog candy!} I also paper-pieced little shorts pj outfit from SU! prints pack in Pretty in Pink.
Make sure you are a part of helping Melanie Muenchinger celebrate a year of blogging and stamp designing over at her blog “Hands, Head and Heart”. Melanie and her guest designers will be sharing cards and projects from all her sets released through Gina K Designs this past year and prizes will be up for grabs every day! Sponsors include, Gina K Designs, My Favorite Things, Scor-pal, Paper Temptress, and Melanie herself, who is donating, among other goodies, a brand new box of Copic Ciaos! There will be also be challenges, contests, and a Who’s Who “Where are the Now?” on several of her past contest winners and guest designers! Come join in the fun and help spread the word, see you there!
Edited to Add: Be sure to check out samples using Melanie's sets by Cindy Lawrence and Jessie Rone today!
Pin It

8 comments on "Melanie's Blogaversary Celebration: Day 1"

Jessie/knightrone on 12:10 AM CST said...

This is FABULOUS Donna!!! I love it!!

Melanie on 12:21 AM CST said...

now sheis one hot tamale! love the scalloped cuffs LOL! I need ot get out my monkey this week, I was thinking diaper too, but nothing as cute as this! you rock!!

Vanessa on 10:18 AM CST said...

OK, this card is ADORABLE! I was laughing when I saw it and had to show Sam! You creative girl!

Kristine on 12:47 PM CST said...

ADORABLE, simply put.

Carolyn King on 1:48 PM CST said...

ADORABLE! love your creative use of these sets! Happy New Year!

Rose Ann on 12:49 AM CST said...

This is adorable, Donna!! I love all of the pink, and your paper piecing!!

Lee on 2:59 AM CST said...

Oh my this has to be the girliest and cutest monkey ever!!!! And of course the pink and the papers are just amazing!!!

Cat Tidwell on 2:37 PM CST said...

Oh my goodness! how stinking cute!! What an adorable card Donna! I LOVE it! And ok, if you Mel's biggest fan, Ill settle for being her 2nd biggest, lol!

Post a Comment