Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Melanie's Blogaversary Celebration: Day 6-Heart Wreath


I found my inspiration from this card from a Current Catalog (prior to card making I always loved to buy & send cards, and they were always the best buy-and they have cute gifts too) so when I thumbed through the current catalog, I found this adorable heart wreath (made of heart shaped cookies, of course - sorry I didn't get a pic of it) - naturally I thought of Melanie's Have a Cookie set [are you convinced you need this set yet with all its versatility & endless card creation possibilities?]  I was also spurred on to make this heart shaped card by Gina K - challenge 8 to make a card non-standard size.  I forgot to measure the finished size of my card, but I have to tell you it was sure FUN to create & decorate, just like sugar cookies!!

I did a lot of masking to get the heart shape just right & decided to cut in the center & place a piece of acetate to create a window to the sentiment - which is from Little Tees (I) & Just so Sporty (U) the heart is a sprinkle from Have a Cookie - thought it would be sweet to mimic the heart shape of the card there too.  The rose satin ribbon is from Taylored Expressions, so luxurious! 

The cookies were decorated with copic atyou spica pens for sparkle & liquid pearls for icing and the mini hearts are all cut out & put on with dimensionals.  It was difficult to photograph this card to be sure it was upright & capture all the sparkle - be sure to click on the photo so you can see the sparkle up close & personal- it's there *wink* 

Be sure to check out Melanie's blog - she is pulling out ALL the stops & giving away winner's choice box of copics - how generous is she??  

Here are the ladies all geared up to inspire you with their stamping talents - how much fun is this?  I'm so happy to have been a part of this great celebration!  


p.s. post done with 2 mins to spare - we had a blast at our friend's watching the Longhorns beat the Buckeyes with one last touchdown (like less than a minute remaining in the game-talk about exciting!) woohoo! 
Pin It

16 comments on "Melanie's Blogaversary Celebration: Day 6-Heart Wreath"

Melanie on 12:32 AM CST said...

love how you manahged to spell out I heart U this way with my didfferent sets!! So creative all of it! (and time consuming) hope you treated yourself to a cookie when you finished!!

Lee on 1:38 AM CST said...

Ohhhhh wow!!! The absolutely SWEETEST heart and cutest cookies I've ever seen!!! I {{heart}} that heart wreath!! What wonderful details!!

Moni on 2:07 AM CST said...

Waw this is gorgeous! Hugs, moni

Theresa Momber on 8:56 AM CST said...

Donna, you ROCK! How are you so clever? Love this!!!

Rose Ann on 9:41 AM CST said...

Your heart wreath is fabulous, Donna!! What a creative use of this set!!

Alex on 11:13 AM CST said...

GORGEOUS Donna - you amaze me!! I love this! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Mary Strauser on 11:33 AM CST said...

Thanks Donna I love your card and did use some of your idea to make my husband a card for his Valentine birthday.
Thanks for the inspiration.
Mary Strauser

Vanessa on 1:55 PM CST said...

Woohoo, go Longhorns!

Your wreath is adorable.

Denise Marzec on 5:15 PM CST said...

Oh Wow, AWESOME!

Shirley on 6:53 PM CST said...

How beautiful and so unique too! I love the different patterns on the hearts!

Unknown on 7:18 PM CST said...

Oh man, look at how adorable this is!!! I LOVE it!!

Unknown on 7:18 PM CST said...

Oh man, look at how adorable this is!!! I LOVE it!!

Stefanie on 7:34 PM CST said...

Oh wow Donna, this is so cute! I can't believe that you made the bigger heart by masking the smaller hearts. That is dedication! I haven't looked at a Current catalog in years. Thanks for the idea!

Ila on 11:32 PM CST said...

This is just the Cutest Donna!...those hearts look so yummy!!..I love it!!...Hugs, Ila

Jessie/knightrone on 1:09 AM CST said...

Absolutely fabulous as always girl!!

Angie Tieman on 10:08 PM CST said...

Very cool project! That heart wreath is awesome!

Post a Comment