Monday, January 12, 2009

Bee Mine or I'll steal your Heart


I'm having so much fun with my new SA/Doodlefactory Valentine remix set!!  On my first card, I chose to make it one layer using Gina K's pure luxury 120 lb cardstock (and I was going to color with copics)  I just love this flying chubby bee, and chose to have him holding the small envelope in his hands and paired him with Violet in the set (both were fun to color).  Then, I drew in a grass line but didn't realize until later that I should have colored it in before I put the shamrock green flower soft down because now you can see my line!  oops.  I think the card is still cute and besides if it looks perfect, it won't look homemade!  HA.  I also put down some other flower soft flowers to finish it off. The Bee Mine sentiment is from All About Love. 

For my card featuring the sneaky heart thief, Banjo - I made a Swedish Collage card.  I gotta tell you, this type of card is FUN because it goes against all you think makes a clean, cohesive design on a card because you use a BOLD mix of patterned paper, chipboard & fun embellishments! This is my 2nd time making one (remember the SA Swedish Collage challenge a few months ago issued by Tracey?) I said the first time I made one I would do it again & I made good on that promise *wink*  These cards always make me smile - they're so cheerful.  The sentiment You Stole my Heart is in the Valentine's Sentiments.   Pin It

6 comments on "Bee Mine or I'll steal your Heart"

Rose Ann on 1:08 PM CST said...

Both are so sweet, Donna!! I love your use of the Flower Soft, and what a great Swedish style card!!

Anonymous said...

These are just too cute Donna!! I love it!!

Alex on 11:11 PM CST said...

these are both sooooo cute Donna!!! Love them! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Cat Tidwell on 9:39 AM CST said...

Awesome cards Donna! LOve the coloring on your Bee one and love the collage card, dont know why those scare me, need to try one! Yours always turns out awesome!

Nina on 4:25 PM CST said...

Those cards are so fun and awesome and cute, Donna! I especially like the Swedish collage one...of course!! ;)

Lee on 12:50 AM CST said...

LOL...how cute!!! Okay, I totally don't think I could do a swedish collage (everytime I hear that I think swedish massage 'cuz it rhymes! LOL). I really have to work on trying not to balance everything so OCD-like!!!! LOL

Post a Comment