Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Gina K Sneak Peek Day 2: Magic & Warm Fuzzies!


You will not believe the ungodly amount of time it took me to make this card! Now that I look at it, I really wish I had done 'something' to the baja breeze card front like cb'd it (need the bubbles one) or stamped on it! Oh well. When I first saw the new set Best Fishes by Gina K, I was so excited to see a seahorse image! How cute is he? Wait till you see the rest in the set! It is so fun. Reminds me of the fish tanks we used to have, it was so relaxing but a little annoying when the water was too low and it would make too much noise. We have had a 40-gallon & 100-gallon tanks and I miss 'em but they are a lot of work to maintain! So I took on the arduous task of theMagic Pull card on SCS because I always thought they looked fun well, it was work but I love the end result!
Here he is up & out, I had issues with lining up my images even though I was using a stamp positioner! HA! I colored him with peerless watercolors and was pleased with that, anyhow! I love this sentiment for him!

Next up is Warm & Fuzzy by Asela Hopkins!  I'll never forget learning that term in Psychology in 11th grade in high school, in Mr. Drommond's class - he was such a great, gentle soul.  Warm fuzzies are compliments, something that makes you feel good inside.  If you've left me a comment over the past few months, you may recall I have that in the box, 'thank you for leaving me warm fuzzies' because when someone takes the time to leave an encouraging comment on a project, it makes me feel all warm inside, appreciated!  

Isn't this little walking doggy the sweetest?  I just had to make him toting the heart shaped balloons on his tail.  I really like the heart swirls border she drew so I stamped it in Regal Rose craft ink on kraft cardstock (colored in with prismacolor pencils).  The dp is Basic Grey bittersweet (my favorite right now!) Love is Warm & Fuzzy - what a cute sentiment!  

Be sure to check out the following blogs for more sneak peeks, challenge contests and blog candy giveaways!!!


Don't forget the release party tomorrow night 7:00 CST for contests, challenges, chat & more samples from the design team!
Pin It

22 comments on "Gina K Sneak Peek Day 2: Magic & Warm Fuzzies!"

Theresa Momber on 12:09 AM CST said...

Oh, wow, that pull card rocks! I've never done one, but yours is so cool, I want to try. Except for the part about it taking forever. Great design on the doggy card. Too cute!

Carolyn King on 12:14 AM CST said...

awesome...love your magic card and the balloon pup is just precious! Way to go!

Carolina on 12:25 AM CST said...

Wow, seriously, wow!!! Love the pull out card and the doggy card seriously left me with warm fuzzies!

DoodleFactory on 12:46 AM CST said...

oooh, I like the color reveal! when something swtiches from bw to color it always reminds me of Dorothy landing in Oz.
Also, that is a super cute sea horse. I was going to make one for the tropics set, but it never happened.

Lee on 1:01 AM CST said...

Ohhh I sooo have been wanting to try a magic card!!! But they do look like a ton of work....hmmm.....something to do with my insomnia??!!! LOL I'm so lovin' these sneak peeks Donna!!!! I can't wait!! Seriously...I'm gonna bust a gasket!!!! LOL

Beth Norman-Roberts on 5:16 AM CST said...

Wowzers, what awesome results!!! I love your colouring--just gorgeous. So it took a lot of work, eh? I haven't tried to make that card before and it doesn't sound like I will anytime soon.

Melanie on 7:05 AM CST said...

very sweet i like that you used the Kraft instead o white!

i HAVE never made a magic card, for the reaosn you mention! Thansk for putting in the time and sweat here, it was worth it! :)

Unknown on 7:44 AM CST said...

What a couple of gorgeous cards, Donna!! I have never attempted a magic card but they look so amazing - you 'pulled' yours off perfectly! sorry, I couldn't resist - lol! Love your warm and fuzzy card too!!

Sharri on 8:12 AM CST said...

OMG! Very Very cute cards! I have wanted to try a magic card...seeing how perfect yours turned out, I am going to have to give it a try!

Christi Flores on 9:13 AM CST said...

Wow Donna!! That magic card is amazing!!! I love them both!!

Christina Fischer on 9:17 AM CST said...

Your samples are fantastic! That seahorse is so cute -- and your magic card is awesome! The puppy card is just too sweet!

Tamara on 9:17 AM CST said...

Love, Love, Love these cards! The sea horse image is awesome, but your magic card is AMAZING. I also love that you used something other than copics because it confirms you can make FANTASTIC cards without having all of the newest tools.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 9:40 AM CST said...

Both are adorable, Donna! LOVE that Magic card. . .your coloring is fabulous!

emilymomto3boys on 10:11 AM CST said...

wow - that slider card is awesome! And I am one of those that always does a pretty simple one when it comes to trying stuff like that - I'm so worried about getting it right, I don't worry about the rest!

Alex on 10:20 AM CST said...

These turned out sooooo stinkin' cute Donna!! I love that seahorse and the sweet little puppy card is too adorable - great job on these! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Barbara Schram on 11:04 AM CST said...

What adorable cards, Donna! Can't wait to see what you create next! Take good care and hope you are having a terrific day!

Kurtis on 11:44 AM CST said...

Both of your projects are just adorable!!

Anonymous said...

This is totally cool!! Love it!!

Jessie/knightrone on 12:37 PM CST said...

This is totally cool!! Love it!!

Cat Tidwell on 3:24 PM CST said...

O.M.G.! That magic card is just way awesome Donna! WOW! Gorgeous coloring on it too, well worth the effort you put into it! And the little doggie, too stinking cute! I am soo glad only one more sleep before the release party, been driving me insane with these sneak peaks! haha! (I'm one of those that peak at Christmas pressies, haha!!)

Lisa's Blessed A Latte on 9:07 PM CST said...

Awesome card Donna....Feels good to be back looking at blogs again (((Hugs)))

Rose Ann on 9:55 PM CST said...

I love your wonderful magic card, and your little doggie card is so cute (love the Kraft and pink)!!

Post a Comment