Saturday, January 24, 2009

Esme the Owl loves you


look at Esme - isn't she the cutest owl??  I just adore Irene's style (illustrator for Doodlefactory stamps) and have so much fun stamping with her images.  I thought Esme from the new Valentine's remix set would be real fun to paper-tole with because of all her detail.  I wanted to keep my card simple & clean & kraft cardstock would fit the bill since I wanted to use my prismacolor pencils (they look so good on kraft).  The sentiment is from Valentine's sentiments. Pin It

14 comments on "Esme the Owl loves you"

Charlene on 10:49 AM CST said...

I love this card, so super cute!

Rose Ann on 11:51 AM CST said...

Esme is perfect for your tole....and you've done a fantastic job!! So cute, Donna!!

Casmiles on 12:40 PM CST said...

Esme is SO cute...love the card.

blah on 12:51 PM CST said...

This is sooooooooooooooo cute!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Esme looks adorable! I never think to use my DF stamps in such a clean, subtle way. They look great like that!

Angie Tieman on 1:55 PM CST said...

Awesome card! Love the simplicity!

DoodleFactory on 2:59 PM CST said...

This is great. I'm currently obsessed with bright colors in my cards, but I love the organic, earthy look of craft paper with a little big of color. Also love esme on the vine. I should try my prismacolor pencils - I

I have a set collecting dust in my supply bin somewhere.

Oooh, and I think this is your weekend getaway. Have fun with the mister!

Jessie/knightrone on 3:30 PM CST said...

So super cute Donna!! I love it!!

Maria Matter on 10:50 PM CST said...

This is so adorable! Love the layering and the colors! Fabulous card!
Blessings, Maria

Lee on 12:50 AM CST said...

Awwww......Esme is just a darling!!! I made 2 cards with my new Valentine Remix that will be on my blog tomorrow!!!! :) I'm lovin' them!!!

Monika/Buzsy on 4:58 PM CST said...

Cute card Donna! Love that owl image. Hope you had a great weekend. :o)

dawnmercedes on 9:44 PM CST said...

I love one layer cards...well done!

Melanie on 6:27 AM CST said...

that IS adorable!! love the kraft!

Maureen on 4:26 AM CST said...

Love her! And your paper tole is great!

Post a Comment