Sunday, December 21, 2008

Celebrate MFT Day - Stay Warm!!


This is me today - trying to stay warm but I have more clothes on that cute Flopsey - layered shirts, sweatpants & socks!  I'm about ready for a hot cup of cocoa like flopsey too! It is 36 degrees here today (I know what some of you may be saying who have snow and much colder temps but that's COLD for us).  After all, yesterday it was in the upper 60's and the temp in the house was 78 so what a difference a day makes!

So to Celebrate MFT day (last night, the 20th) I grabbed my new Flopsey & made a winter card and used Cindy's sketch 61 and even used MFT colors (pink, white & black courtesy of my All Dressed Up stack by DCWV).  I also got the idea to run flopsey through the swiss dots cb folder from Cindy Haffner, who was Taylor's Featured Cupcake Sampler last week.  I was so excited to see the pink velvet ribbon I had in my stash is a perfect match for pink pirouette.  I topped off with an embellishment of 2 felt snowflakes with a pink pirouette button.  I totally love this card (even though it's a tad bit busier than my usual).  It was sure fun to make though!  

Pin It

8 comments on "Celebrate MFT Day - Stay Warm!!"

Angie on 2:02 PM CST said...

What an incredibly adorable polkadotted bunny! I love that idea. I never thought to run the images through for some texture! I bet this same bunny would look super cute as a get well card for someone with Chickenpox! Do people even get chickenpox anymore? After rubbing a little red chalk or something on the dots, it would look like chickenpox. Sorry, I'm rambling, I just love your card and it sparked all kinds of inspiration! TFS Donna!

Cat Tidwell on 2:07 PM CST said...

Too cute Donna! I love you you did that bottom edge too!

I got tickled at Angie talking about chickenpox, because that thought entered my head too, lol!

And soo know what you mean about the temp change. Wind chill was 20 degrees here this am....make me a cup too!

Ila on 4:10 PM CST said...

Aww...this bunny is Adorable and your card is Fabulous!! Keep Warm...and have a Verry Merry Christmas!!..Hugs, Ila

Theresa Momber on 7:14 PM CST said...

What a darling winter card! That Flopsey bunny is so darn cute. Love your design!

Rose Ann on 12:35 AM CST said...

Your Flopsey is so cute, Donna!! I love the colors and texture!! Just a wonderful card, girl!!

Jessie/knightrone on 9:20 AM CST said...

Girl, it is SO COLD here, and my poor brother...he is visiting from TX and freezing!!! Super cute card!!

Lee on 10:35 AM CST said...

Ohhhh precious!!! I sooo love the gray and pink color which is so perfect for Flopsey!!!

Carolina on 1:03 AM CST said...

What a precious card! Love this little bunny, he's been on my wish list for a while and you made him look that much cuter!

Post a Comment