Monday, December 29, 2008

DF Winter cards


I know it's after Christmas and I have moved onto creating Valentine's cards BUT I forgot to take pics & post these 3 cards from my last Starving Artistamps Doodlefactory Winter set before mailing to Tracey.  She was kind enough to take the pics for me & send them so here they are! On my first card, I used Mel Stampz Vintage dictionary scans of Merry & Christmas (printed pdf on my printer. Then, I shabbied it up by crumpling my cardstock & rubbing several Distress inks (I believe tea dye & vintage photo) 

my next card uses the wind up toy & I made him in motion by stamping him in baja breeze ink and withouth re-inking the stamp, I kept stamping to the right of him so it has a blurred look about it.  I used my new Basic Grey offbeat pad on this and Jen's Sketch for you to try from several weeks ago (Dec 13).  The sentiment is from Casual Holiday Greetings

Lastly, this is my favorite frm the DF Winter set, the squirrely girl.  I thought it would be cute to put a thought bubble from the Doodledads set (also the stars & circles on the bottom) with the sentiment I believe in Santa Claus from Casual Holiday Greetings.  Since I had my distress inks out, I shabbied this up with some sponging too. 

Reminder: You have until tomorrow to participate in the Clearly Cool Card Challenge to win a set of Santa's Sweet Shoppe stamps (or other if you already have it) hosted by Tracey with Starving Artistamps (at Papercraft Planet) 
Pin It

6 comments on "DF Winter cards"

mel m. m. mccarthy on 11:31 PM CST said...

Oh my gosh!!! These are all stunning. Who knew that text could look so incredible. Love those characters and your designing is delectable! :O)

Sharri on 5:07 PM CST said...

Donna, These are so cute! I love the girly squirrel!
Can't wait to see your Valentine's cards/projects!

Sharri on 5:07 PM CST said...

Donna, These are so cute! I love the girly squirrel!
Can't wait to see your Valentine's cards/projects!

Shirley on 8:34 PM CST said...

They are too cute!

DoodleFactory on 1:10 AM CST said...

Aw, I love that I believe in Santa sentiment. Glad Tracey could send you pics of these, they're all wonderful.

Rose Ann on 3:40 PM CST said...

All three are super cute, Donna!! That was sweet of Tracey to take pics for you!!

Post a Comment