Thursday, December 11, 2008

Sneak Peek Release Day: Take Flight


I am so excited to show you my sneak peek of the One Free with 3 set (purchase any 3 sets from Gina K Designs and this will be yours for free!)  However, the month after the release, the set will be available for purchase separately.  I made this card & set for my sister Deana whose birthday is the day after Christmas.  I always like to be sure she gets something real special since she has been jipped out of gifts growing up.  We always had cake & ice cream the day after Christmas to celebrate although we were always stuffed!  I remember my mom recalling the birth of my middle sister, they were out eating dinner at a restaurant when her water broke on Christmas Day and until then I don't believe her & my dad had a name picked for her.  Well, Dean Martin's birthday was Christmas Day and one of his daughter's names was Deana so that is who she was named after.  I guess they liked Dean Martin.  Interestingly, I just looked him up and he ended up dying on his birthday in 1995, 29 years to the day that his mother died.  That's weird.  

I altered a box from Federal Express that all the gifts fit perfectly inside.  I covered the white box with the pattern paper I used on the card, My Mind's Eye as well as the inside by spraying with spray adhesive (works great!).  Closed it with some pretty white ribbon & topped it with 2 big flowers & silver dew drops in the middle.  

Here are the contents of the gift inside the box.  It;s going to be real easy to mail & will keep the contents protected.  
Here is a picture of the frame I made, placing the cut out butterfly inside.  What is so neat about htis frame is that there is space in between the glass & the actual picture that the butterfly's wings are actually off the page because I wanted it to coordinate with the card.  However, I added some flowers on the background of the lovely lilac with Tropical Flowers.  I love the 2 sentiments in this set - and both of the butterflies, I prefer to have realistic ones to whimsical ones so this set appeals to me so much!  Since I love to color, I had so much fun coloring the butterfly with my Peerless Watercolors, aquapainter & highlighted with Copic atyou Spica pens (sorry I didn't get a photo of the sparkle)

Finally, a picture of the butterfly necklace, cell phone charm & bookmark I made using clear polyshrink.  As I was making the card, Deana called and I asked her if she liked butterflies.  She said, 'yea, remember I have a butterfly tattoo on my chest" I said oh yea (she has like 9, I forget what they all are) and when I asked her the colors, she said blue & purple.  Stamping Serendipity - I colored the butterfly for the card 2 nights before (with the help of John who suggested blue & orange when I had already started with the purple).  I bet she's going to love this gift!!  I just realized I haven't made her any jewelry and I've been making it almost 2 years!  

You have to see what sneak peeks of Take Flight the rest of the design team have to share today!  See ya tonight at the release party on SCS!!  7:00 - 10:00 CST for fun, challenges (I'll be issuing one), contests & chatting!
Pin It

20 comments on "Sneak Peek Release Day: Take Flight"

Melanie on 12:58 AM CST said...

ZOWEEE!!!! talk about "inspired", those make the prettiest charms ever, great ensemble!!

Valarie (vampme3) on 3:33 AM CST said...

Wow! What a beautiful gift!! I love the colors on the butterflies!! The orange with the blue and purple really makes them pop!! tfs

Anonymous said...

I love it! I just love how you were thinking out of the box with this set. the jewelry is to die for!

Theresa Momber on 6:12 AM CST said...

Wow! I love it all. Gorgeous work, Donna, I am sure she will love it.

Erika Martin - Stampin' Mama on 7:02 AM CST said...

This birthday set is amazing! Your sister is one lucky girl!

And some interesting bits of trivia, too. :)

Cat Tidwell on 7:11 AM CST said...

OMG, Donna! You have outdone yourself this time! AMAZING on that jewelry and card and frame...its just stunning!

Kurtis on 7:43 AM CST said...

INCREDIBLE!!! what a beautiful set of projects.

Sharri on 9:29 AM CST said...

WOW! Beautiful gift set!

Rose Ann on 9:40 AM CST said...

Oh my gosh, girl!! Amazing work with your card, gift box, and framed artwork...and your jewelry is amazing as well!! Soooo very beautiful, Donna!!

JessicaK on 10:25 AM CST said...

Wow,talk about sister of the year positioning :). Deanna is going to be one happy birthday girl. The coloring and layouts are beautiful Donna.

Tamara on 11:22 AM CST said...

What a FANTASTIC gift. Can I be your sister too?

Cindy Lawrence on 12:59 PM CST said...

OMGosh, Donna, are you KIDDING me?!! This is SO AWESOME! I'm with Tamara...Can I be your sister too????

Ila on 2:23 PM CST said...

Oh MY Gosh!! this is Absolutley Gorgeous!! Your sister is one lucky gal...I'm sure she will love this set!!...Hugs, Ila

retiredheather on 3:24 PM CST said...

Absolutely stunning. I love how you made the box...stunning.
Happy Holidays
Heather

Linsey R on 6:12 PM CST said...

THUD!!! Just a moment (picking jaw off from FLOOR!)....OMG!!! Will you adopt me as your honorary Sister, PLEEEEEZE!! Seriously, just the first shot of this magnificent gift was enough to make me drool and dribble and then you showed the matching giftbox and amazingly gorgeous jewelry inside!!! Holy butterfly wings--I'm stunned! This is so fabulous, Donna. It's certainly makes a super special gift for your deprived day-after-Christmas-birthday Sis, but WOW!! You need to make this stuff and sell it on Etsy or something!!! Of course, I am lucky enough to have some of your masterful jewerly in my possesion (and won't hesitate to lay someone out who tries to steal it!) hehe :) so, maybe I'm partial. Everyone should be so lucky. k, I'm offically rambling...c ya at the party tonight! xoxo

Lee on 7:01 PM CST said...

Breathtakingly EXquisite!!!!!

Vanessa on 8:26 PM CST said...

Wowzers! I see why you are so busy!!! I love your charms and your framed butterfly. . .did I ever tell you my name means butterfly?

Jessie/knightrone on 9:00 PM CST said...

This is AWESOME girl...how GORGEOUS!!

Anonymous said...

Donna ...
This is just fabulous! I love the fact that you have created such gorgeous jewelry ... the complete presentation is just divine!

Sandy Knecht on 10:46 PM CST said...

What a fabulous gift. I love your card and your box. Great job!

Post a Comment