Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Always Apricot Pie Kissing!


The title I came up with reminds me of my DH John - Apricot Pie is one of his favorites for the holidays, it's even simple enough he will make it! woohoo!

It's Wednesday and Gina K has a new video tutorial up at StampTV! Go check out her video on kissing - but before you do that, look at the card I made! I used Bold Flowers in the Floral Frenzy StampTV kit which, in case you didn't know - is chock full of cardstock, patterned papers, embellishments & 2 stamp sets!! For the next 8 weeks, Gina will have a different technique tutorial using the sets! You have until next Tuesday to participate in the kissing challenge-check out details here and you can win a free stamp set!!

I used the StampTV color challenge (STVCC1) hosted by Cindy this week to use Always Artichoke, Apricot Appeal & Pumpkin Pie. I wanted to make a simple one layer card, so I masked the flowers. The polka dots on the flowers & the border are in the bold flowers set, I thought the way they are 'open' polka dots is really cool on the flowers & have no idea why it happened, I guess you can say it's a happy accident! I love the border too, and although I didn't line up the polka dots perfectly, I think it still works!! I love the flower centers are 2 different sizes to lend more variety to your blooms! The small circle can be punched with the 1/2" circle punch by SU! and the larger can be punched with your 3/4" punch - that's what I used on my card yesterday & today (I hope I remember that correctly, if it's wrong I will edit this post).

I hope you play along with us at StampTV! Pin It

6 comments on "Always Apricot Pie Kissing!"

Anonymous said...

Love this card Donna, so pretty, I love all the polka dots!!!

Cat Tidwell on 9:10 AM CST said...

Awesome card Donna! I love the polka dots on the flowers, can't go work with polka dots I say! LOL! Love this CAS card!

{pam} on 10:16 AM CST said...

awesome card . . . so simple and clean. great job kissing too! hehehe

Denise on 4:39 PM CST said...

This card is very pretty!! I love the color combo.
Aloha~

Jessie/knightrone on 7:30 PM CST said...

This is so super cute...love it!!

Unknown on 10:47 PM CST said...

Very pretty card Donna!! Just a great design! :)

Post a Comment