Thursday, February 12, 2009

With a Heavy Heart...


I don't have anything to share with you today other than a request for prayer for the grandson of a dear friend who is family to me. Last week, Derek who is 25 months old had a little accident that caused 3rd degree burns on his lower body. He is back in the hospital & currently having surgery and I await news-they suspected an infection in his blood. Please pray for him and his family (mom Shawna, dad Eddie and 4 brothers: Ben, Logan, Kyle, Jon & sister Kaelin--all older than him). This has been rough on everyone and my heart just aches for all of them; especially little Derek, who I want to be healed of all physical & emotional scarring this accident caused.

Thank you

Edited to add update: 5:13 p.m. Kay called to say Derek's surgery went well & he is out of recovery, very much sedated but stabilized. The Dr. had to take skin grafts from his calves because the biobrane material they initially used on his burns caused the underlying skin to die. His own skin was best in this situation. He will be in the hospital for the next week. I plan to go shopping this weekend to buy him some toys - she said trucks & cars - sounds like a BOY, huh?? I'll also make a card to send to him so it is there when he gets home. I'm sure it will be a long recovery and that will brighten his day (although I'm sure he has no idea who I am since I haven't seen him since he was 5 mos old!) Pin It

11 comments on "With a Heavy Heart..."

Linsey R on 4:55 PM CST said...

What a most terrible ordeal to have to endure. Precious Derek and his family as well as you, my sweet Donna, will all be in my thoughts and prayers. How excruciating for such a young child to have to go through--omgosh--torture is what it is. I'm so very sorry and my heart also aches at the thought of such a traumatic experience. I love you and will be thinking of you all. xoxoxo

Stefanie on 6:29 PM CST said...

How horrible or that poor little guy and his whole family! I will keep him in my prayers and hope for a full and speedy recovery.

DoodleFactory on 6:36 PM CST said...

Poor baby, I hope he heals from his accident and surgery soon. This is so sad, but I'm glad to hear the first stage went well.

Denise Marzec on 7:25 PM CST said...

Ohhhh, that sweet boy. So sorry to hear about the accident...that's so scary and just horrible that he had to go through that. Glad to hear the surgery went well.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 7:31 PM CST said...

Oh my gosh, my heart breaks for them! I will keep them in my thoughts and prayers, Donna. I could always send a card c/o you if you think it would be alright. Let me know! :)

Rose Ann on 7:40 PM CST said...

Oh no....I cannot even imagine, Donna. I will be praying for him and the family. Hugs!!

Elaine A on 8:55 PM CST said...

Donna -

I will keep that little angel in my prayers.

Elaine

Christi Flores on 10:41 PM CST said...

OMG! I cannot imagine! I will definitely be praying for him and his family. Please keep us posted.

Sharri on 10:55 PM CST said...

OMG! That poor little guy! I will keep Derek and his family in my prayers.

Carolina on 11:26 PM CST said...

Oh noooo....so sorry to read about poor Derek. I will for sure keep them in my thoughts.

Lee on 1:52 AM CST said...

OMGosh Donna!!!! I'm so sorry for that sweet lil guy!!!! Many prayers for sure!!!

Post a Comment