Friday, February 13, 2009

TECC55: Sweet on You with Cherries!!


I'm in love...with more than just my DH, and my stamps, and my fur kids, and my niece & nephew...I'm in love with the new SU! Rockabilly Specialty designer paper!! Taylor's sketch this week lends itself to using multiple papers - so check 'em out - aren't they yummy? Since I wanted to make just a few more Valentine's cards {although I'm ready to move on to the next holiday *wink*} - I reached for A Year of Sweets 1 and ommitted the hearts, clouds & cupid tofeature the sweet cuppie couple. I also had to use my one of my favorite techniques, paper-piecing!! The sentiment is from a Year of Sweet Sentiments. I decided to limit my embellishments to keep the cuppies & designer paper the main focus but decided to add a red heart brad from the Valentine's key ingredients to finish off my 'sweet' card. p.s. - be sure to click on the card so you can see the addition of eyelashes on the girl cuppie!

Here is Taylor’s sketch so you can play along too!! You can be eligible to win Cupcake Sampler Honors & be featured on Taylor’s blog using the next Cupcake Friday Sketch! You’re not required to use cupcakes on your sketch, but if you got ‘em why not use ‘em?? You can create something other than a card but try to keep as close to the sketch as possible. If you’re uploading to Splitcoast, please use keyword TECC55. Leave a comment on Taylor’s post with a link to your blogpost or gallery link so she can check it out! You must have your creation uploaded by Monday, February 16 at 10:00 a.m. CST to be eligible for the featured cupcake sampler honors. Lastly, be sure to have FUN creating!

Be sure to check out the other Cupcake Crew’s Creations:

Taylor VanBruggen
Jackie Pedro
Jami Sibley
Monika Davis
Stephanie Hargis
Vicki Chrisman

Today’s Featured Cupcake Sampler is Jodi Collins! Be sure to stop by her blog & see what sweetness she has for us today!

Since I love this sketch & this paper so much and thought it would ROCK with my BC Dzyns Hey Chica set by My Favorite Things, I made another card!! I just adore it! I also decided to keep the embellishments to a minimum so my chica takes center stage!

Check her out close-up. I love her sparkly green eye shadow & glistening red lipstick! Do you like her silver & red rhinestone earring?

Hope y'all have a SWEET Friday & Happy Valentine's Day tomorrow!
Pin It

24 comments on "TECC55: Sweet on You with Cherries!!"

Taylor on 10:02 AM CST said...

You totally rocked it, Donna! I love the cherry papers with that cuppie image! Perfection!

Jami on 10:17 AM CST said...

Donna both cards are fantastic! Wow that paper rocks! You have a way with dp for sure!!!

Monika/Buzsy on 10:19 AM CST said...

Super cute cuppie card Donna! Love the paper. The second hard is fab. Love all the glitter. TFS!

Tasha on 10:35 AM CST said...

Wow two super stunning cards - i love your work
love tasha xx

Gabriela on 10:45 AM CST said...

OMW, Donna - I adore your cherry cupcakes card. It's just fabulous with the assorted DPs.

Jackie Pedro on 11:13 AM CST said...

Both cards are fab, Donna! I just ordered this Rockabilly DP and I can't wait to get it!! Have a great weekend!

Vicki Chrisman on 11:19 AM CST said...

LOVE the red and black! Her ear ring is DARLING! Super Card Donna!!

Unknown on 12:19 PM CST said...

What an adorable card!! I love how you colored her... and love this paper - it's on my way from SU right now! Great job.

Denise Marzec on 12:34 PM CST said...

I LOOOOVE these papers with the cuppies...especially with the red polka dots paper pieced. GREAT looking card, Donna!

Alex on 12:50 PM CST said...

These are both soooo super cute Donna - love the papers! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Jodi Collins on 1:41 PM CST said...

Yikes!! Donna...this card is SENSATIONAL!! First of all, your coloring is AMAZING!! LOVE the eyelashes you added and how you omitted the hearts & cupid cuppie (genius!!)....now, onto that paper...LOVE it! I just got it too and I'll tell ya...it was PAINFUL to cut into that!!! GORGEOUSNESS!!!

Rose Ann on 3:15 PM CST said...

Both of your cards are fantastic, Donna!! Great job with the sketch, and I love the yummy papers!! Such cute images too!!

Unknown on 3:33 PM CST said...

Great cards, love the girls glittery lippy & eyeshadow.

Stephanie Hargis on 4:14 PM CST said...

Both cards are just great Donna! I love that paper too! :D

Anonymous said...

God Donna, both of those are fantastic. I can't wait to try this sketch.

Anonymous said...

Gee Donna--you were on a roll with both of these cards. Love the eyelash addition--wonder if I could draw some one myself--lol. Thanks for sharing your talents.

Carolina on 11:23 PM CST said...

Not so much cause your my friend and I so heart your stuff already, but you nailed this sketch, not once but twice! Awesome cards friend and so excited to start catching up on your blog with these awesome cards first!

Lee on 1:51 AM CST said...

Ohhh you sooooo take the cupcake my friend!!!! LOL.........oh gosh her eyelashes are too stinkin' cute!!! And the glittery eye make-up and lipstick.....LOVE it!!! That is an awesome sketch!!!

Anonymous said...

Love your cards!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 9:17 PM CST said...

Adorable cuppie card, Donna! I LOVE the eyeshadow and lipstick on your other card! So cool!

Angie Tieman on 12:08 AM CST said...

Those cupcakes are so cute!! Love all the cherries too!

Kristine on 2:31 AM CST said...

Great job, Donna! I ♥ this paper too! And this sketch is great also. Love the close up of the girl--her sparkly lips, eyes and that earring!! SOOO, like COOOL!! :)

THANKS Donna for the birthday card! I ♥ it so much. You know butterflies are my faves,right? ;)

Linda Beeson on 6:17 PM CST said...

That is such a great sketch and your cards are just totally CUTe!

Melanie on 9:16 PM CST said...

I really love both of these, eye popping colors on this skecth!

Post a Comment