Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sending Love to Gina & her mom


Today is Gina K's birthday!  Here is the card I mailed to her this week I made using the new set Sweetest Blessings and Sweet as Sugar Digital Paper. I used Lauren's sketch from several weeks ago mytimess20 which was a lot of fun!  I love her sketches, they are so not something I would dream of putting together and I always love her cards!  On my background piece of cupcake paper, I covered all the cupcakes with stardust stickles (except for a portion of the one in the upper right corner - oops!) didn't realize until I was placing the card in the envelope!  doh 

This next card is going to be mailed to Gina's mom Ruth.  Gina's dad died last week and Melanie asked Gina if there was anything she could do for her and she said mailing a card to her mom would be so nice.  If you would like to do that as well, here is info from Melanie's blog.  Ruth was married to her sweetheart for 55 years!  Can you imagine?  I just want to let her know she's in my thoughts & prayers so I'm sure this will brighten her day!  It will also let her know how special her daughter is because her friends are sending love & kindess to someone they do not know because we care!   

I used Gina K's Tropical Flowers, one of my favorite floral sets when I want to make a quick card!  After I stamped my flowers, I made highlights with a black multi-liner pen - love how it makes the flowers pop with the black matting as well.  The designer paper used is Rockabilly Specialty double-sided paper by SU! which is Kiwi Kiss, Real Read, White & Basic Black {so thrilled about having black designer paper) there is gloss to some of the designs on here that I just love!  The sentiment is from the new set Tag Lines, which you can get for free when you purchase 3 other sets this month!  I love the fact they all fit on the Nestabilities tags!  The ribbon used is SU! kiwi & vanilla satin ribbon and the black pearls are by Kaiser, purchased at Taylored Expressions.  

If you'd like to send virtual wishes to Gina click on the following links (Sympathy or Birthday) but also know it's never too late to send a card via snail mail...it would brighten her day anyday to receive it!  Just send it to: 

Gina K Designs
4701 Dale-Curtin Drive
McFarland, WI  53558


Pin It

13 comments on "Sending Love to Gina & her mom"

Carolina on 3:54 PM CST said...

Gorgeous cards Donna...you will for sure lift Gina and Ruth's spirit with these adorable cards.

Cassie on 4:19 PM CST said...

Donna, these cards are so beautiful. You are so talented. I follow your blog regularly and wanted to leave you something over at my blog. I know you already have one, but thought you would enjoy another :D

Angie Tieman on 6:45 PM CST said...

Beautiful cards, Donna! YOu always bring it!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 6:49 PM CST said...

Both are just beautiful cards, Donna. You're so thoughtful!

Anonymous said...

These are both so beautiful!!!


On a side note....I just got the Rockabilly paper myself and it's AWESOME!!!!!! Can't wait to use it on a card.

Cat Tidwell on 9:04 PM CST said...

What gorgeous cards Donna! I really love the one for Gina's Mom, love how you added the black with the pen, neat idea! I might have to try that one!

LORi on 9:45 PM CST said...

Hi Donna!! Thanks for visiting the OCC and for the Welcome... How nice of you!!!!

Kristine on 12:24 AM CST said...

Very Sweet cards Donna! I know, how sad for Gina to lose her dad. They'll be in my prayers.

(sorry I haven't visited in a while! Life gets so busy and when you're on dt's...you know how busy things can get. Commenting has been my strong suite lately. I've just posted some fabulous blog candy though if you'd like to check it out?!) Hugs

Alex on 10:39 AM CST said...

Gorgeous cards Donna, what a thoughtful and giving person you are!! My heart goes out to Gina and her family! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Mary Duffek on 12:03 PM CST said...

Love you cards! The green card is soo cool!!!

mel m. m. mccarthy on 8:14 PM CST said...

These are both so stunning and thoughtful. I'm sure they will mean the world to Gina & Ruth. Sorry to hear of their loss. Hugs, mel

Rose Ann on 12:14 AM CST said...

Your cupcake card is so cute and very sweet, Donna!! Your sympathy card is gorgeous!! Great cards, Donna!!!

Melanie on 9:46 AM CST said...

that outlining is gorgeous, I must try that with these silhouettes!

Post a Comment