Wednesday, May 21, 2008

CA or BUST



The card I meant to show today (that I pre-scheduled) was not showing so luckily I had something I hadn't posted yet and intended to but forgot about it.

Today we are headed off to visit family in CA and we are SO excited!! We get there about 9:00 p.m. and may see our new nephew this evening! I just can't wait!! I scheduled our flight back in March, knowing my sister would have him near mid-May. Well the Dr. had her scheduled for today (and we thought yesterday for a while now) so as I type this she is in surgery! EEEKK! How awesome is that timing? I remember 2 years ago when Gabby was born and we were planning to be out there when she was a month old - I broke down & cried because I wasn't there for her birth (that's one of the downfalls of living out of state for me) and my heart ached to witness the miracle!

A few weeks ago I shared a trying week - our other sister had breast reduction surgery which went well (but of course that whole morning I was on edge waiting to hear all was o.k.) she was blessed with more than enough in this department and made efforts to lose weight the past year & a half (Dr's orders) and got approved & in surgery within a matter of a few weeks! I look forward to seeing the new her!

So to celebrate the new her (because she is excited to be able to buy matching bras & undies) I got her a gift card for Victoria's Secret which I am tucking away on the inside of the card - it fits perfectly in the undies because I left a pocket at the top.
I used the template on SCS (don't have time to find it) and used my prints pack by SU! and Making Memories ribbon (cute for the trim) - tried to re-create her tattoo on right boob but not so sure about it.
How do you like that pun - CA or BUST? lol
Pin It

13 comments on "CA or BUST"

Alex on 11:45 AM CDT said...

This is a really cute card and perfect for the gift card to Vicky's ! Congrats on the new nephew and have fun in CA - that is where I am! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Lee on 1:30 PM CDT said...

I LOVE it Donna!!!!!!!! OH MY is is the cutest EVER!!!!!!! And how perfect for your sis!!!! I love the tat!! And have fun snuggling that newborn baby boy!!!

Melanie on 2:17 PM CDT said...

bust ha ha!!

safe travels! :)

Vanessa on 3:06 PM CDT said...

OMG, this is a great card. When I first saw it, I was wondering what and who it was for. What a perfect card to hold the VS gift card.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 8:08 PM CDT said...

How funny! LOVE it, Donna!

Marilyn on 10:09 PM CDT said...

Too cute - love the pun - CA or bust!! Hilarious!! The card is just darling! Have a wonderful time on your trip - can't wait to see your picture updates!

Unknown on 10:28 PM CDT said...

Very cute Donna! Have a great time in CA! :)

Bee's Zen Garden on 7:15 PM CDT said...

Hehe, fun card!! :-)
Enjoy your visit with your family!♥

Angie Tieman on 8:13 PM CDT said...

Whooooo! Cute and racey! Perfect for a Victoria Secret's gift card!

Rose Ann on 10:33 PM CDT said...

Oh my goodness....tooo cute, Donna!!

Dawn Easton on 8:04 AM CDT said...

haha...I love it Donna...too cute!

Carolina on 2:27 PM CDT said...

What a perfect card to go with your gift for your sister - she will love it! Glad everything went well for her.

Linsey R on 8:04 PM CDT said...

Oh, that is the cutest!!! She must love it! What a super idea, Donna! You are so darn clever! I hope you had a ton of fun in Cali and you must show us all pics of your trip soon! Hugs, buddy!

Post a Comment