Monday, May 5, 2008

TECC14 - Happy Cupcake Day


For Taylor's Cupcake Challenge (TECC14) I wanted to use my DCWV Glitter stack again because I love to use up my scraps & like the color - well I wanted to know what other colors I could pair with Blush Blossom & Cameo Coral so I went to the wonderful color combo site Scraptitude and found Mellow Moss, Green Galore (really?) and Basic Black. I sort of struggled with adding the green galore so I decided to use the brads only. I really like all the sparkle, texture & dimension on this card. The cupcake liners are paper pieced with my DCWV Adhesive pack I used on Saturday's I Like You card and the cupcake frosting is Liquid Pearls. This card says BRIGHT & FUN to me (just like a birthday should be). Stamp set is Icing on the cake by My Favorite Things Pin It

13 comments on "TECC14 - Happy Cupcake Day"

Unknown on 7:51 AM CDT said...

It is definitely Bright and FUN! Great card Donna! :)

Janine on 8:34 AM CDT said...

So sweet!!

Taylor on 11:25 AM CDT said...

So cute, Donna! I love that sparkly paper and how you put brads between the images! Thanks for playing the sketch challenge!

Jessie/knightrone on 12:29 PM CDT said...

So super cute!!! Love the sparkle!!

Lee on 2:38 PM CDT said...

Ohhh..........YUMMMMY!! Good enough to eat!! I love those cute little paper pieced muffin liners!!! You've got me totally wanting to dive into that glitter paper and have FUN!!!!

jjcreations on 4:40 PM CDT said...

I love all the sparkle on this card. It's fantastic. Joan

Deb Wood on 4:47 PM CDT said...

Bright, Fun, and Beautiful!! Love your cupcakes and that glittery paper is my fave!!

Carolina on 8:01 PM CDT said...

Can this be any more precious?! I so have this challenge on my to do's tonight - thanks for the link! Love the glittery paper, it's just so yummy and perfect for a cupcake card.

Angie Tieman on 10:28 PM CDT said...

Cute card! Great way to use your glitter stack, I think I have that one too, need to dig it out and use it. Missed you at the Arlington shoebox swap! :( I was like "Where is Donna?!" And then Jenn told me you didn't come after all. We'll have to meet up the next time!

Linsey R on 11:27 PM CDT said...

Yay, this is SO fun and just makes me happy! I love that sparkley paper and super cute with your yummy frosted cupcakes! Great coordinating green and black too, makes the card that much more striking! FAb work!

Rose Ann on 1:05 AM CDT said...

Your cupcake card is so sweet, Donna! I love the sparkle too!

Jennifer Love on 2:28 AM CDT said...

Beautiful...really! I never know what to do with my DCWV glittered paper. It just sits there in the little file folder...staring at me...begging to be used. LOL

Michele Kovack on 6:14 AM CDT said...

So cute!!! Just bought that glitter stack myself!

Post a Comment