Sunday, May 25, 2008

WT166 Embracing Your Inner Creature


A few weeks ago I picked up a 1" square punch at Hobby Lobby for 1/2 price! What a deal! I see the Inchies (introduced by Ellen Huston) have been all the rage, but since I don't have the extra $ to invest in the supplies so like many others, I am improvising to still partcipate!

Well - look how cute the Doodlefactory Creatures are (small) just like the large ones at Starving Artist Stamps - unmounted stamps, the full set of both (10 of each) small (approx 1") & large (approx 2 1/4") are just $24.95! I have a few ideas brewing for these 'sets' of creatures and this week's Ways to Use it inspired this card to feature more than just one creature!

WT166 ways to use inchies on your project. I colored my creatures, leaving some portions uncolored and paired it with a printed quote by Albert Camus, "Man is the only creature that refuses to be what he is". DH said he didn't get it, but my interpretation is that there are so many people who try to be someone or something else they are not; they care about what others think of them, are not comfortable in their own skin or have a low self-esteem. Well to me - these creatures seem to be embracing their uniqueness, they are one-of-a-kind and they love themselves.

They crack me up - I was smiling & chuckling as I was coloring them & putting my card together. I hope you have a smiliar reaction looking at it. Pin It

13 comments on "WT166 Embracing Your Inner Creature"

Lee on 1:26 PM CDT said...

Oh I totally did Donna!!! Those were exactly my thoughts when I saw this card!! How unique and cool and fun every single one of us is!!!

Jessie/knightrone on 4:21 PM CDT said...

I completely love this!! All those little creatures are just too cute!! I love the bright fun colors too!!

Dawn Easton on 7:32 PM CDT said...

hehe....totally adorable...Loving your cutie cards lately!

Bee's Zen Garden on 10:09 PM CDT said...

Hehehe, I can just imagine you chuckling while you're coloring. Now that's waht I call happy stamping! Love the card and the quote is awesome for that.... :-)

Rose Ann on 11:36 PM CDT said...

This is so very cute, Donna!! You know I love all of those creatures! You've colored them fabulously, and I love the sparkly background paper too!! What a fun inchie card!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 6:51 AM CDT said...

How adorable, Donna! LOVE these creatures!

Deb Wood on 12:57 PM CDT said...

OK I'm telling my husband that you kept flaunting these at me until I had to buy them!! I've been to that site a dozen times already. This is just totally Cuuuuute. They make me giggle too! Love them!

Angie Tieman on 2:37 PM CDT said...

Oh how cute!! Love the bright fun colors, those little 1" guys are so cute!

Linsey R on 7:58 PM CDT said...

this card is so much fun and so bursting with cuteness! I love these guys, and just like you said, they look like a blast to color, lol! I'm still trying to decide which one is me, hehe! Oh, you never disappoint, girl! This card is a hoot! tfs, hugs!

sophia landry on 9:35 PM CDT said...

This is hilarious!! I love it! I decided that I'm probably all of them on different days lol. You have such an awsome humour!

Melanie on 10:01 PM CDT said...

these are so funny, my fave is the dancing one, bottom right, too cute is your card! :)

Carolina on 5:04 PM CDT said...

Okay, this so brought a smile to my face and a huge ouch noise from my pocketbook - LOL! I'm so getting these so I can make some stuff for Gaven! Can't wait to see what amazing projects you come up with!

Dawn on 12:02 PM CDT said...

I've been going through your blog and *had* to comment on this card. I haven't ever used inchies and this has inspired me to think out of my comfort zone!!!

This card is so great!!!

Thank you!

Post a Comment