Tuesday, May 13, 2008

WSC47 - new stuff



Here is my card (labor of love and more detailed than my cards lately) for Beate's WSC47 I really like how it turned out, though. I've always been fond of the Polished Stone technique and since discovering Ranger Alcohol inks are so versatile (and because I had a Michael's 40% off coupon, I decided to try them out) and you don't need alcohol as an added step it seemed like a good idea. I got the Cabin Cupboard Kit with Caramel, Latte & Ginger (sounds yummy) and the Alcohol Ink Applicator and had a little fun. Since I didn't get the metallic mixatives, I tried my SU! metallic gold refill and it worked just fine - why spend more if you may have something to substitute? I used all these on my glossy paper then decided to try using them on my Bride's shimmer flowers I got there for 25% off. They took to them well - I'm beginning to wonder why the heck I passed them up when I had a 40% off coupon - DUH. Anyway, the True Thyme piece on the bottom is stamped with Canvas and Spanish Script backgrounders by Cornish Heritage Farms which I got a few weeks ago and hadn't used yet. The leaves in my focal image are Stampin' Up! Petal Prints (retired but I still love it) didn't have anywhere to put a sentiment so it's probably going to stay that way).
Pin It

9 comments on "WSC47 - new stuff"

Monika/Buzsy on 12:09 PM CDT said...

Great card Donna! Love the colors and the lay-out... that technique looks great with the image... TFS!

Alex on 1:15 PM CDT said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Donna! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Lee on 2:11 PM CDT said...

Ohhh.......stunning!!! The colors are amazing!! I've never tried the polished stone technique.....that's definitely on my "to try" list! A beautiful card Donna!!

Deb Wood on 7:45 PM CDT said...

Wow this is so gorgeous, love the alcohol inks, the only thing I've ever used them on was lunch tins but maybe I should try this if I ever get any stamping done. Fabulous card, love those CHF backgrounders, the colors and marvelous and you rock!

Jessie/knightrone on 11:15 PM CDT said...

This is fabulous Donna!! So gorgeous and warm!

Anonymous said...

Oh Donna this is gorgeous. The polished stone looks incredible!

Jennie Skaggs on 1:32 PM CDT said...

This card is beautiful. What a wonderful layout. Jennie

Linsey R on 1:47 AM CDT said...

oooh, this is totally gorgeous! I didn't even look at Beate's weekend sketch last week, although I thought of it and missed it! Your did an amazing job on this card! Really superb, tfs!

Rose Ann on 9:19 PM CDT said...

This is totally gorgeous, Donna!! Your polished stone turned out so beautifully, and everything looks just perfect for that sketch!!

Post a Comment