Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Tiny Treasures of Gabby


If it weren't for my favorite cousin Andrea, I would not have pictures of my adorable niece Gabby. I am so grateful to her, she visits almost weekly and is one of Gabby's Godmothers just like me. She is funny, generous, pretty, mature & really my favorite cousin (I have never been hesitant to say that either). Recently she reminded me of a fun memory of when we were younger (I am 5 years older) and used to 'practice' french braiding her hair when I was learning and she was so patient to humor me. She braided Gabby's hair last month and told her about Auntie Donna braiding her hair and Gabby said, "yea braid hair". She actually did a real good job with it too!


I made this tin of my favorite pics she sent in March/April of some Firsts for Gabby. In the above photo this was taken March 1st - her first haircut (by her Aunt Cathi) check out the look on her face!
The next photos are her 1st trip to the beach and her 1st big girl bed (which happens t be a Princess bed) believe it or not - these 3 events occurred the same weekend! Andrea always gets the BEST photos and I can't thank her enough for blessing me with them! The least I can do to show my appreciation is make her gifts using them.

I used Melanie's What's in Your Tin set 1 by Gina K Designs for this gift album and there are photos on both sides of the cardstock. I kept the outside of the tin simple just in case she decides she wants to keep this in her purse so nothing is damaged.

Pin It

12 comments on "Tiny Treasures of Gabby"

Lee on 12:36 PM CDT said...

Donna!! I just love your sweet tins for your adorable little Gabby!! Sure hope you are enjoying all the fun times and snuggle times with her and your new little nevvy too!!! Hugs!!

Deb Wood on 3:35 PM CDT said...

She is precious and just adorable!! These projects are just awesome11

Linsey R on 7:53 PM CDT said...

Oh, what a most special tin memory album--especially with your sweet Gabby being featured! It sounds like you have a cousin as wonderfula and awesome as yourself, lucky both of you! Gabby is such a blessed little girl! hugs!

Unknown on 9:19 PM CDT said...

Adorable Donna!! What a great use of the tin! :)

sophia landry on 9:37 PM CDT said...

Beautiful! What a lovely idea!!

Melanie on 9:59 PM CDT said...

I haven't been checking your blog thsi past week since we you were out of town, I should have known you'd have stuff scheduled!! are you back?? Email ASAP, I need to take you out for a birthday lunch!!

Angie Tieman on 10:18 PM CDT said...

Oh, this is soooo sweet! She does have some beautiful hair, what a girly girl!

Barbara Schram on 10:17 AM CDT said...

Wow...Donna, this is another wonderful creation for your special niece. How blessed she is with you as her special aunt. Hope you are enjoying every second of your vacation!

Carolina on 5:08 PM CDT said...

Gabby is going to have the most amazing collection of tins! Hope she keeps them all and you both are able to sit down together years from now and go through each one - how fun!

Jessie/knightrone on 10:11 PM CDT said...

How super cute!! What a neato idea, and how lucky are you that you have someone to keep you posted!!

Rose Ann on 10:16 PM CDT said...

Your little album of Gabby turned out so wonderfully!! She is such a doll, and I love this enclosed in that awesome tin!! You rock, Donna!!

Anonymous said...

Nice expression

Post a Comment