Saturday, May 10, 2008

More Gifts for Gabby - Surprise!!!


I know this post is long - but it's going to be a delight for all you who have little girls or make things for little girls.

Only 11 more days until I visit family in CA!! My sisters (both older), their DHs and my sweet 2 yr-old niece & her soon to be born baby brother Joseph! I am SO excited! A few months back I had the idea to give Gabby a gift (surprise) for each day (8) we are there. I thought it would be real fun to space them out instead of showering her with a whole bunch of gifts the day we arrive. After all, she loves 'surprises' and I have had a FUN time getting them all together. They range from a TX Longhorn teddy bear to summer outfits to lots of homemade stuff (even a pair of cute white socks that have colorful plastic beads sewn on the top that I got at an art fair). I've had them all together for over a few weeks now, but realized the other day I wanted to make her one more thing so now I have more than 8 gifts - oh well! This one is special because she adores hairbows (that's what she calls anything you put in her hair) and the little princess tin I made her for her birthday, which she didn't want anyone to touch!

So I had the idea to make her more hairbows and use Melanie's new set Hip Hop Accessories (because the animals - giraffe, hippo & frog are scaled down) and attach them to some hair bands with ribbon. I ADORE how they turned out! Look how cute her Giraffe fits on the top of an altoid tin! I used Melanie's What's in Your Tin set 1 as well so now my niece will have 2 tins!!

This is the project I had to buy polyshrink for - it really is easy to use and so fun to watch shrink! I colored them with Prismacolor pencils - I love how bright the colors turn once they're shrunk.

All 8 hairbows barely fit in this tin - but I had to make a set of each animal for her. I decided to use part of the sentiment in Melanie's What's in Your Tin set 3 'for the modern (princess from Hip Hop Accessories) --- on-the-go'

Here is a closer look at each of them. Since there are only 3 animals in this set, I borrowed Bunny from Just so Hoppy - I love how all her sentiments can be mixed & matched! That was fun to do for these animals.

Now here is a close-up of my (and DH's) favorite one - the giraffe. Hippy Girl ~ how fun is that?! Oh and I bet she will be able to wear at least a few of these with some of the new clothes I got her! It's going to be SO fun to dress her when I'm there!!! squeal!

Here are some flip flops I made for her too - just stamped the little flower from Papertrey's Beautiful Blooms with Palette ink (can't remember color), put some sticky tape on the plastic and then put multi-colored beads on them. Then I topped off the front with Papertrey's Velvet Blossoms in Fire and center is bling! I should have made me a matching pair since they're so cute!

Pin It

16 comments on "More Gifts for Gabby - Surprise!!!"

sophia landry on 9:09 AM CDT said...

Awww, what a sweet auntie you are! I bet your niece loves it when you visit her lol. Such beautiful gifts you have made her. Wish I could see her face as she gets them. Make sure you take a picture of at least one of the days. By the way, my daughter thinks these rock too.

Dawn Easton on 9:32 AM CDT said...

Oh goodness Donna, those are all fabulous and your neice is going to be thrilled with it all!! Great idea with the hair pieces and polyshrink!!! This might be a fun project for a little girls bday party! TFS!

C on 12:24 PM CDT said...

What absolute cuteness!!! My GD is coming next week...she's 5 and would LOVE these!! Thanks for the inspiration!!

Angie Tieman on 12:26 PM CDT said...

Oh wow! That is the cutest stuff ever! She is going to be the cutest niece ever! So happy your trip is almost here!

Unknown on 1:19 PM CDT said...

Just adorable. I really love this. Thank you for sharing! Great job :)

Jessica Lynn

Deb Wood on 1:56 PM CDT said...

These are so flippin' adorable, she is sooo going to love them. Have fun playing dress up while you're there!

Carolina on 2:10 PM CDT said...

Donna - this is beautiiiiful!!! Such a lucky little girl to be able to wear these adorable bands! I'm so there with you on the polyshrink - love using this stuff...I just finished some for cupcake toppers - love it and will post later. Anywho - love the flip flops too and how adorable to stamp on them! You are such an inspiration my dear friend.

Putting the card in the mail per your email request - hope she likes it! Hugs and happy weekend to you!

Unknown on 8:17 PM CDT said...

Oh my goodness Donna these are all wonderfuL!!! She is just going to love them - what fun fun gifts and so colorful! :)

Lee on 8:28 PM CDT said...

Donna!!!!!! You are sooooooooo awesome!! I sure wish I'd had someone in my life like you when I was growing up so I could feel loved and special!! You absolutely know just how to make your little niece truly feel like a princess!! Which really embodies the whole thought behind Mother's Day........a woman who loves and is loved by her family!!! {{{HUGS!!!}}}

smm0426 on 8:47 PM CDT said...

Wow. So cute. My granddaughter would love these. What a lucky little girl to have such a wonderful Aunt.

Bee's Zen Garden on 9:04 PM CDT said...

Waow, waow, waow!!!!! So adorable!
It's official, your niece is spoiled! LOL :-)

Jessie/knightrone on 11:36 PM CDT said...

These are so fabulous I can't even stand it!!!! You rock!!!

Melanie on 10:34 AM CDT said...

wowza!! love the added flip flops! I'll get caught up on commenting on everything else later, got lots of housework today, but had to peek in quickly, thanks for the award!! hugs

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 7:13 PM CDT said...

Oh my GOODNESS, what a FABULOUS gift for your niece! WOW! What an adorable idea! How fun. Those flip flops are fab too! You are SO creative girl!

Rose Ann on 2:14 PM CDT said...

Nothing but cuteness here!! Love your tin, all of the hair bows, and the adorable flip flops!! You are the bestest aunt ever!! Just fantastic!!!

Anita Knits on 2:46 PM CDT said...

Hi Donna. Just wanted to say how fab I thought these were and I am going to try and may my little girls some with the magnolia stamps, but then I think you blog is great, such wonderful cards, and so much inspiration. I also wanted to let you know that my thoughts are with you at this time, and I will be praying for your friend and you so that you will both will have the strength to get through this very trying time. God Bless. Anita

Post a Comment