Sunday, April 6, 2008

Princess Birthday


Here is a picture of my Almost 2-yr old Niece Princess Gabriella (Gabby) - this photo taken a few weeks ago playing dress up. Her Princess party is on April 26 (her real birthday) yea! But we have to miss it *boo hoo* but we will be out there to greet our new nephew on May 21 and be there to take Gabby for an ice cream! It's so cute when she says without prompting, "Auntie Donna coming, Nino John ice cream" because that's what we've been telling her. She is so cute! Don't you just love her cheesy smile? She got it when she started getting teeth & my sisters showed her how to smile to be sure to show them. She's been smiling like that ever since.

This is her special Princess gift I am going to send soon. I used Melanie's What's In Your Tin 2 by Gina K , Stampin' Up!'s retired Pretty Princess and their current Perfect Princess set. I used the Prints Pack for the princess background, used stickles on her dress, crown & wand.
On the inside are her goodies - I was so proud of the fact I know how to make jewelry & have stamping supplies to make her something really special she can wear on her special day. She will be so happy to have a necklace because she's been asking for one. She loves jewelry. She's had her ears pierced since she was 8 months and see the gold bracelet she's wearing in the first photo? She doesn't like taking it off anymore.
I used polyshrink for the necklace, bracelet & hair bow charms. I made 25 (12 sets of 2 for all the little girls who attend her party for their favor bags my sister is assembling) of these hair bows and one unique one for Gabby with her name on it! They cost me 50 cents for the ribbon & $1.50 for the barrettes and less than 3 hours to make. Totally worth it because they are so precious! I bet the little girls will like them. In addition to that, I picked up some small star wands, plastic bracelets, earrings and princess mints for the favor bags too, unfortunately my sister doesn't have a Hobby Lobby in their area so I was happy to be on the lookout for the goodies to send her.

Only a few butterflies were made because they ended up taking too much room on the polyshrink so I did the majority with flowers. I colored the images with Prismacolor Pencils (didn't realize they could be used on them, they were easy to color in & came out real vibrant once it was heated & cooled).
At Hobby Lobby, I also got this adorable Princess Tin purse for $4.99 and at Target found her 2 sets of Princess pajamas. I was so excited everything fit inside the purse! I know she's going to LOVE it all! Can't wait to see her open it on the webcam soon!
Pin It

17 comments on "Princess Birthday"

Bee's Zen Garden on 1:24 PM CDT said...

This is very cute! I can't believe you made all those barettes! My experience with polyshrink has been a disaster so far!! :-(

(I sometimes hop from Melanie's blog but I don't think I ever left a comment, your cards are stunning! :-))

Anonymous said...

She is precious, love the little princess box, it's too cute!! I bet she loved all her other princess gear too! What a sweet aunt!

Theresa on 2:31 PM CDT said...

Awesome!!! You did an amazing job! Everything is super cute & fun! What little girl wouldn't be thrilled!

Lee on 2:43 PM CDT said...

Don'tcha just love webcams??? Oh are you just the BEST auntie!!! How precious is that tin for that adorable little Princess?!!! I love your home-made jewelry. I tried my shrinky stuff and it came out funny, so I obviously need some lessons!! LOL

My Little Hobby on 5:50 PM CDT said...

What a sweet Auntie. I love it. Those tins are so much fun to decorate and your little princess version is just as cute as can be.

Barbara Schram on 5:54 PM CDT said...

OMGOODNESS! This is one of the cutest ideas I have seen! What a special Aunt you are... how blessed this princess party is to have all your precious handmade items for all. And you are a good sister stalking Hobby Lobby for your sister! lol

huntla1 on 6:01 PM CDT said...

Very cute set! I may even have to do something similar as I just purchased this set for my little princess. Her birthday is the end of this month. Thanks for the inspiration.

blah on 11:22 PM CDT said...

First of all, your niece is super cute!!!!!

and you really must email me or catch me online so we can chat because my dd would absolutely love this!!!!! I now have a purpose for my shrink plastic that I've been hoarding forever and I'm now mad at myself for selling Pretty Princess instead of keeping it. The princess and cake are awesome images!!!!!

thanks for sharing.

Linsey R on 11:44 PM CDT said...

I still love all this precious girlie stuff--have I mentioned I'm up for adoption--Auntie Donna? LOL! YOu have got to be THE bestest Auntie in the whole world! Iam so much in awe of that beautiful jewelry...I didn't know you did that too?! You are so extremely talented, I love these pieces! But I really can't believe you made them for all the girls at her party!! Oh, put you up for the bestest sister award too! Gabby will adore her very special princess tin and all sweet pj's all in her princess tin purse! WOW! She's one lucky little girl--and so darn cute!! What a sweet pea :) May 21 will be here in no time, how fun! TFS these wonderful treats! ~Hugs~

Rose Ann on 1:45 AM CDT said...

What a wonderful Auntie you are, Donna!! Gabriella is going to LOVE all of her special goodies! FANTASTIC!!

Jessie/knightrone on 3:09 AM CDT said...

What a fabulous Auntie you are!! those gift sets are priceless and her friend are sure to love them!!

Dawn Easton on 7:50 AM CDT said...

Donna, your neice is adorable! LOL my daughter smiled like that too when she was small....it's so cute!
What a fantastic bunch of goodies you made and found for her!! I love the polyshrink!!! What a fantastic idea to make your own hair clips!

Melissa on 3:13 PM CDT said...

Fabulous!

Many Blessings,
M.

Michele Kovack on 3:54 PM CDT said...

Your projects are absolutely adorable!!! Love all of them!!!

Kristine on 6:44 PM CDT said...

OH ... That's the CUTEST gift Donna!! :D BET SHE LOOOOOVED it!! :D

Angie Tieman on 8:57 PM CDT said...

What an adorable princess she is!! And all those wonderful goodies you are showering her with...what a good aunt you are!

Melanie on 9:15 PM CDT said...

you put all other aunites to shame!! this is all sooo sweet!!! love that pic of Gabriella!

Post a Comment