Tuesday, April 22, 2008

CHF Backgrounder Blitz - Day 4


Today's Challenge (BC04) is Smooches! Kissing backgrounders. I had a little difficulty with this because I don't have a really solid backgrounder yet, so I had to use my Large Polka Dot backgrounder (inked in Soft Sky) and on top of that Pretty Pattern (Blue Bayou ink). I really love how it turned out, though even if it is very subtle. Remember my renewed love for all things embossed (dry & heat now?) well, I stamped my flowers (SU! Embrace Life) in versamark on vellum cardstock & embossed with black detail embossing powder and cut them out. They are so pretty on the Blush Blossom with the splash of black on the matting! I added a pearl center I got from Ellen Hutson's store. I like this card so much I didn't want to mess with a greeting until I am ready to mail it to someone special so I have the right greeting at the time I need it.
Pin It

13 comments on "CHF Backgrounder Blitz - Day 4"

Lee on 3:24 PM CDT said...

Donna!!!! Elegance and refinement supreme!!!! Wow!! The bg is so pretty and the flowers are gorgeous!!

jjcreations on 3:53 PM CDT said...

Wow, these are gorgeous. I love the background paper and I love how you've done the flowers. Joan

Carolina on 4:23 PM CDT said...

This is GORGEOUS!!! Love how you textured the flowers and how it looks against this paper/background...just lovely!

Rose Ann on 10:19 PM CDT said...

This is so beautiful, Donna! Lovin' the colors, big flowers and pearls!!

Debbie Olson on 10:31 PM CDT said...

Okay, I just NOW caught on that the backgrounder blitz means using bg's in certain ways! I thought it just meant using them. . . Oops! Great job on the kissing, and thanks for setting me straight! ;-D

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 11:32 AM CDT said...

This is just GORGEOUS Donna! I LOVE the vellum flowers!

Melanie on 4:03 PM CDT said...

awesome!! darn that Soft Sky!! must ! resist!

Becca on 5:19 PM CDT said...

this is such a pretty card..very unique and elegant.
Bela

Jessie/knightrone on 12:55 AM CDT said...

Gorgeous colors, and I love those vellum flowers!!!

Libby Hickson on 2:47 AM CDT said...

This is so gorgeous!

Angie Tieman on 5:30 AM CDT said...

This is beautiful!! Those flowers look so elegant!

Deb Wood on 2:57 PM CDT said...

Very pretty! Love the pearls in the center of the flowers and the backgrounder. I made my first CHF order yesterday. There are so many of the backgrounders that I want, but only got one this time, the flower. i think it was you who made the stunning card that inspired me to buy it!!

Sharon Harnist on 10:55 AM CDT said...

Love your kissed background, Donna -- adorable card!

Post a Comment