Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Howdy Ms. Sheriff & RRAK


How cute is this Ride 'Em Cowgirl set by My Favorite Things?! Even more to me since I won it from the My Favorite Things lady herself! I made this card using the TLC160 Cuttlebug Negative Effect on SCS which is really cool! It makes it look like washed denim to me. I used my new Paisley CB embossing folder - fun! Like others, I used natural hemp for the rope the gal is holding. Used Ballet Blue, Night of Navy & Cranberry Crisp (spoke western to me). I sent this RAK last week to Barb (Explore.Dream.Discover) who said, "I got your card today! It is spectacular!!!!! I wrote you back but I want to share with you now...you probably don't know but my hubby is in law enforcement! And when he saw this card he thought you made it with him in mind! Bwahaaaaa...men. They think all we do is talk about them LOL."

Isn't that funny? I was able to keep this a surprise and decided not to post it until she received it. Which, coincidentally enough gave me time to receive HER RRAK (Return Rak) yesterday! Isn't it just lovely? This is my first time seeing the PTI new colors, which I have been so good to hold off on getting. She made this flower! Can you believe it? She is so talented, which explains why she won 2 Guest Designer Spots in a row at Paper Trey and was recently selected for the Gina K Design Team! Thank you, Barb! I LOVE this card!!! Be sure to check out her awesome blog!!! She just posted receiving my card yesterday and kept it a secret that she sent me one back! Ha!
Pin It

11 comments on "Howdy Ms. Sheriff & RRAK"

Marilyn on 9:13 AM CDT said...

Of all the luck having your sister read your blog before she received the gifts - I know how much you wanted it to be a surprise - you did such an amazing job with all of it!! But it all worked out in the end huh! Love the howdy card - you are so talented - great job with the embossing folders - gotta try that look - it is really cool!

Unknown on 10:12 AM CDT said...

that card is gorgeous! The colors are awesome.
And it just reminds me, you never know who is reading your blog, when. I let the cat outta the bag more times than anyone and always on accident.

Lee on 3:15 PM CDT said...

Awww.....you are just the sweetest!!! I LOVE that cowgirl card..........all of you MFT enablers!!! LOL And Barb's flower is amazing!!! I'm sorry Murphy's Law came to visit you right before that baby shower! At least he's leaving me alone! LOL Anyway.....it sure was a fantastic gift from your heart that obviously came shining through to others!!

Monika/Buzsy on 4:25 PM CDT said...

Great cards Donna! Love the embossing and the colors... TFS! Also wanted to let you know that I gave you the "You Cheer Me Up Award"... check it out on my blog. :o)

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas on 5:36 PM CDT said...

Adorable card Donna!! I have not played with this set yet. I have to ink it up. Great inspiration. Lovely floral card too!

Angie Tieman on 7:48 PM CDT said...

Love your gorgeous card!! That litle cowboy boot girl is way cute, especially for us Texans! Your Cuttlebug negative effect technique turned out awesome too! I'm still too lazy to try that! Lastly, I was close to crying reading about your sister and cousin crying, that's so special and a good reminder of why we create this "stuff"!

Rose Ann on 8:59 PM CDT said...

That's a bummer about your sister seeing your surprise ahead of time.

Your cowgirl card is very pretty, and I love the embossing!

Barb's card is very pretty too!!

Dawn Easton on 8:11 AM CDT said...

Donna, your MFT card is fabulous! I'm loving this set too! I like how you did the reverse CB technique! Looks wonderful!
Your RRAK card is a beauty! She did a fabulous job!!!

Barbara Schram on 11:20 AM CDT said...

YOU are so sweet, and I just chuckle every time I remember my hubby's response. He was sooo serious!

Sorry to hear about the surprise not working out as you intended! What a blessing you are to your family! And to us!

Carolina on 12:13 AM CDT said...

Oh, ouch - hate when that happens - sorry your surprised wasn't much of a surprise, but I'm sure she loved it just the same if not more!

Your niece is so cute and how great that she gets to spend her days with auntie...I know I have such a blast watching my nephew during the week and I'm sure your sister does too!

Great RAKs...yours is just adorable with the hemp and the CB Negative Effect! The star is just the perfect accent. Barb's card is just lovely...what talent and such happy mail for both of you!

Good luck with the club tomorrow and can't wait to see all the great projects you designed for them!

Jessie/knightrone on 4:28 PM CDT said...

Love your card with the reverse cuttlebug technique, it really is a good one!! Gorgeous RRAK, she is so super talented!!

Post a Comment