Thursday, April 10, 2008

Banana Cupcake Thank You Gift


I found this awesome Banana Cupcake with Honey-Cinnamon Frosting recipe on a link on Carolina's Creative Pad I just tried looking for it, but she has several links on their to other people's cupcake blogs - another reason I am so happy I found Carolina's blog!! Well, when I saw these one day, I printed up the recipe but didn't save the link. Sorry! But let me tell you, they are DELICIOUS cupcakes! So moist, and I think good for you since it uses REAL butter you know margarine is not good for you so butter is healthier *ha* and I put Organic Sugar in mine instead of the white sugar (which is not all that healthy either). Anyway I made these to send to our friend's mom who gave us farm fresh eggs a few weeks ago as a thank you (also in hopes of being offered more eggs, I know...shameful) talk about yummy - if you've never had a farm fresh egg & just the ones from the store let me tell you that you are seriously missing out on some wholesome goodness! My DMIL said she heard a Christian doctor say eggs ARE good for you (especially when you have your yolk not cooked all the way and that's exactly how I like mine).

Anyway, I just got my new Baked with Love set (by Kim Hughes) from Cornish Heritage Farms and thought it would go great to give the recipe along with the thank you cupcakes. I love her writing - yummy stuff is just perfect! I put Cotton Candy stickles on the cupcake and how cute is Changito hanging out on the bottom? I also thought putting my recipe on a sheet of lined paper (also by CHF) - can you tell I {{HEART}} this backgrounder?? would be real cute, because I did need MORE space than an index card gives - I even had to finish the recipe on the back and I was writing smaller than usual.

Edited to add: link to Banana Cupcakes with Honey-Cinnamon Frosting from Heather (Hopefully), thank you!! It's such an awesome community, we're always looking out for one another, huh?

Also, the recipients of the cupcakes LOVED them-they were delivered last night and as a thank you we got over 2 dozen farm fresh eggs!! woohoo!! Pin It

12 comments on "Banana Cupcake Thank You Gift"

Linsey R on 2:29 PM CDT said...

How adorablly deslishious! I love that cute monkey and cuccake decorating the recipe! So fun, gotta try that toO! Oh, it sounds SO yummy, I love it! And have I mentioned that I'm pretty bananas over you, too?! I am!!! Great post, tfs, Donna!

Nicole on 3:30 PM CDT said...

I absolutely love it! and changito is the perfect touch! that CHF lined background paper is the bomb! ;D

Heather Huggins on 4:11 PM CDT said...

This is a very cute idea for recipe cards. I think I'm going to try it out. Here's the link to the cupcakes: http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/desserts_E0308WELD_T

Jessie/knightrone on 4:22 PM CDT said...

Those sound so yummy!!! I need to go to the store, but the second round of storms is getting ready to come through and I don't want to spend my whole evening at Walmart!! Super cute recipe card, I am sure the recipient will love it!!

Unknown on 8:34 PM CDT said...

How cute is that Donna!! and sounds so yummy!! That is exactly why I have chickens . . .fresh eggs - no comparison!!:)

Lee on 9:16 PM CDT said...

Ohhhh yum!! And what a GREAT idea for a thank you card!!! I love your ideas!! A Changito little guy is so cute for this recipe!!! Thanks for the link.....I'm favoriting it!!!

Angie Tieman on 9:19 PM CDT said...

HOw cute!! THey sounds delicious! You know I don't cook unless sugar is involved, so these sound perfect! You'll have me getting that background stamp yet, I'm growing weak!

Carolyn King on 10:52 PM CDT said...

what a cute way to decorate that recipe! Fantastic!

sophia landry on 11:39 PM CDT said...

Oh wow, I love this, and your description has me drooling! Now I have to agree, Butter all the way, farm fresh soft eggs wonderful, organic sugar, well come on how can it not be better then the more refined stuff *hee,hee*. Ok so now I have to try the cupcakes this weekend. I will justify breaking my "diet" in the name of supporting your blog and ideas. In other words its all your fault lol. You come up with such awsome stuff!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 2:18 PM CDT said...

OH how adorable, Donna! And they sound delicious! I'll have to try them!

Rose Ann on 8:43 PM CDT said...

Oh....how cute, and it sounds sooo yummy too!!

Carolina on 3:21 AM CDT said...

How darlin' and yummmmyy!

Totally agree with you, nothing like farm fresh eggs. That's pretty much all we ate when we lived in Nicaragua and noticed the difference when we moved to San Francisco. Lucky you - you get to back with them!

Lovin' the Baked with Love set! thanks for enabling!

Post a Comment