Saturday, April 5, 2008

HB Melanie, Goodies & WSC42 - Thank You


Happy Birthday, Melanie! I am proud I was able to surprise her with a covert birthday card shower this week! Thanks to all the ladies who participated. Well, when I brought my card/gift to her, she surprised ME with some goodies - I love them all! She knows how much I love DCWV matstacks, so she got me the Spring one - it has 5 of each pattern (because they're not glitter or adhesive - so I begged her to take 2 of each of them to play with. Then these tubes of glitter (they are the cutest itty bitty flowers & hearts) and the colored safety pins are so cool. Thank you, Melanie...you're such a sweetie.

So since Beate posted her weekend challenge (WSC42), I used all my new goodies! I had to make a shaker card to showcase the itty bitty flowers (they really are adorable!) The patterned paper is from the stack (coordinating with Apricot Appeal, Soft Sky & Close to Cocoa). The set I stamped with is Simply Said - the sentiment a current level 1 hostess set by SU! The trio of circular white ribbon is from Trudee's Treats I won a few weeks ago - MORE awesome goodies (I got the copic marker, spica pens & making memories trims) I will post the card she sent me soon, it is just scrumptious! I messed up with the spacing on the top left white brads but it was too late to fix it (they were put there as an afterthought because I felt it needed more balance & I was eyeballing the 1/16" hole punches). Oh well...I think the shaker makes up for that!
Pin It

15 comments on "HB Melanie, Goodies & WSC42 - Thank You"

Anonymous said...

Donna, that is gorgeous! I love the soft paper and your adorable shaker.
Hugs and smiles

Trudee on 10:43 PM CDT said...

Hi Donna! I love your shaker card!! I'm so glad you are enjoying your goodies!! :) Hugs!

Angie Tieman on 12:15 AM CDT said...

OOoh, great job with the sketch! Love the soft colors and those glittery flowers in the shaker are fab! Those are some GOOD goodies, lucky you!

blah on 12:16 AM CDT said...

Wow, you've definitely scored lately!!!!!!

Very cute card! I need to make a Shaker card again. I haven't done one in awhile and they're definitely fun to make.

Denise on 12:24 AM CDT said...

Love the shaker card, thanks for sharing.
Aloha,
~Denise

Lee on 1:22 AM CDT said...

Ohhh.....you don't have anything to make up for at all!!! First...the shaker IS amazing!!! I've never tried a circular one! And the little glitter flowers are sooo cute!!! What fun little treasures to play with!! The dp and the layout is so pretty!! I love the brads too!! And you are SUCH a sweetie!! I did get my card sent......but I didn't get to make her a red card as I was sick....boo!! I can make it up another time!! :)

Monika/Buzsy on 8:23 AM CDT said...

Great card Donna... love the soft colors and the circle shaker. TFS!

Dawn Easton on 9:04 AM CDT said...

Donna, your card is beautiful! I love shaker cards! Those little flowers look so pretty!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 9:07 AM CDT said...

What a great surprise! And I LOVE that shaker card. . .how cool!

Barbara Schram on 5:51 PM CDT said...

This card is magnificent! You and Mel make a great stamping team...looking out for each other stamping supplies! lol

Linsey R on 11:49 PM CDT said...

messed up--what? Where? It's totally gorgeous! Can you believe I've never done a shaker box card? I haven't. You are so inspiring--I going to try and make one this week because of this card :) Your covert b-day operation was a huge success--mission accomplished, lol! Thanks so much for caring the way you do. You are amazing, Donna. luv ya, girl! hugs~

Rose Ann on 1:49 AM CDT said...

Beautiful shaker card for Beate's sketch, Donna!! I love it!

Fantastic goodies too!! :D

Jessie/knightrone on 3:11 AM CDT said...

Awesome goodies!! What a fabulous shaker card!!! Love it!!

Jenn on 6:22 PM CDT said...

Love the shaker card :) Excellent idea!

Melanie on 9:14 PM CDT said...

you are the bestest!! Look how CUTE your shaker turned out!

Post a Comment