Thursday, April 17, 2008

Retirement Card


I don't think I've ever made retirement cards before but a customer requested some for her fellow teachers. This is using Kim Hughes' U R A Hoot by Cornish Heritage Farms is for a Texas Longhorn fan (so I used my Really Rust c/s) I saw how others used rhinestone brads inside their jumbo eyelets so I did mine on top of a chocolate button (Sultry by Basic Grey purchased by All That Scraps-free shipping with a $10 order!) I just cut off the prongs with my pliers & used a mini glue dot to adhere it. I used my Paisley cb embossing folder (the negative effect) again because it gives added texture! Lastly, the owl's eyelids & claws are layered with dimensionals for more depth. FUN - I LOVE this owl!!! I colored him on Kraft cardstock with my prismacolor pencils & OMS and then highlighted with Twinkling h2o's (the gold color)
Pin It

18 comments on "Retirement Card"

Nicole on 12:26 PM CDT said...

Adorable!!
and the paisley CB background is perfect! :D

Lee on 1:01 PM CDT said...

Donna....fantastic!!!! OWL bet he just loves it!!! LOL (couldn't resist that pun!!). I sure do love that negative effect and the twinkling H20's....so purty!!!

Unknown on 1:14 PM CDT said...

I LOVE this!! So cute!

Barbara Schram on 1:32 PM CDT said...

Oh my...this is a wonderful card! I love the sentiment! Perfect and lighthearted but meaningful! Great card.

Vanessa on 1:34 PM CDT said...

Another great card! I actually really like this owl by Cornish Heritage Farms. He is too cute. I like how you incorporated the splash of green. Can't wait to get my photo corner punch. Also, love how you layered the bling on the brad. I sort of feel like I am dissecting you card. . .oh, I just love it all.

jjcreations on 4:06 PM CDT said...

Wonderful card. Joan

Deb Wood on 5:13 PM CDT said...

This is sooooooooooooo adorable, I love the embossing, the colors, sentiment, the branch is awesome. Everything is great I love it and you rock!

Anonymous said...

gorgeous! Love the whole composition.
Tanya

huntla1 on 6:25 PM CDT said...

Great card! I was just wondering what I would really use the "Owl be missing you" phrase for. You answered that question for me. I love the color of you owl and the rust background -- silly me I thought you chose rust 'cause it looked nice with the rest of the colors!!

Carolyn King on 8:33 PM CDT said...

seriously cute. love the rust colored bg--that owl looks fantastic..
great job!

Bee's Zen Garden on 10:04 PM CDT said...

Oh I love the texture and colors on this one! :-)

Angie Tieman on 11:46 PM CDT said...

Oh my, I'm having some major owl envy!! Love the background he's on too, fabulous card!

Rose Ann on 2:44 AM CDT said...

Soooo cute, Donna! Love the colors and embossed background!! Love it!!

Janine on 7:19 AM CDT said...

That sentiment is just perfect!! What a great card.

Carolina on 4:36 PM CDT said...

Love the negative affect on this folder in this color! And that owl...love it!!! I really need to get some twinkling H2O's, love the affect you gave to your owl with it.

Kristine on 11:06 PM CDT said...

Cute owl and cute saying too! I really like this with that cuttlebug folder and the colors. Great card Donna!! :D

Linsey R on 7:35 PM CDT said...

I love your owl too! I love paisley CB'd bg, how awesome that looks! Especially with this most adorable owl! Just a FABulous card, Donna!

Kristine on 12:28 PM CDT said...

I keep coming back to this card--I LOVE it! Question, did you sponge on the rr ink or brayer it? It looks fantastic!

Post a Comment