Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Sympathy Cards


My brother-in-law's maternal grandfather died last week, he was 95! What a blessing to live that many years. One of God's promises in The Bible is in Psalm 91, "With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation." the whole Psalm is a wonderful confession. I feel like Mr. Lujan definitely was an example of that promise as he loved the Lord, his family leaving a strong legacy of a loving wife of 60+ years, many children, more grandchildren and even great-grandchildren! This card was sent to Mrs. Lujan who will grieve over the loss of her soulmate, companion of so many years! I used Jen's SFYTT for the layout.

This card was sent to my brother-in-law's mom who has not only just lost her father, but in the past 20+ years, lost her first husband and then 2 companions after that (the last one less than a year ago). She sure has known great loss and remains strong, knowing she will get through it again.

Lastly, this card was sent to my brother-in-law, sister & niece (of course she may not remember Grandpa) but it sure was sad & sweet when my sister recalled her last time with him just an hour before he died, she was told to say bye to him. Then when they returned after he died, she ran past his room saying, 'grandpa sleeping'.
Limited stamping on these cards, highlighting my new Basic Grey Sultry dp, purchased from 7 kids college fund matching buttons, purchased from All That Scraps and Stampin' Up!'s Petal Prints and sympathy set (the name eludes me but I think it may be retired?) also Warmest Regards.
The funeral was Monday evening and my sister said that the officiating Priest was my former boss (in CA) I knew he was in Seminary and he aspired to become a Priest, just proves how small the world is after all. Makes me want to get in touch with him. He was a great boss, a very gentle soul who was a wonderful listener and always encouraged you.
Pin It

10 comments on "Sympathy Cards"

Joy on 2:31 PM CDT said...

Donna, sorry for these losses. These are gorgeous and will definitely give some peace.

retiredheather on 5:23 PM CDT said...

These beautiful cards will certainly be a solace for anyone who receives them. Beautiful.
Retired Heather

Deb Wood on 6:17 PM CDT said...

Such a sad occasion and many beautiful cards. I am sure that will be touched. Sounds like he lived a long and full life, how much more blessed could one be on earth!

Unknown on 9:56 PM CDT said...

Donna your cards are so beautiful! I'm sure they will bring comfort and be a blessing!

blah on 11:03 PM CDT said...

I am so sorry for your losses.

I do have to say that this paper is gorgeous and I never would have thought to make sympathy cards with them but they just work out perfectly!

Carolina on 12:16 AM CDT said...

These are all just lovely...I'm sure they'll bring such comfort to all those receiving them.

Lee on 3:01 AM CDT said...

I'm so sorry for that loss, but it's wonderful that his life is being remembered and celebrated! The cards are so soft and pretty, sure to lift their spirits and know that someone cares!!

M. on 8:56 AM CDT said...

Beautiful cards :)

Jessie/knightrone on 4:26 PM CDT said...

Gorgeous sympathy cards, I just hate that you had to make them. I hope they bring the recipients some comfort.

Rose Ann on 8:48 PM CDT said...

Your sympathy cards are beautiful, Donna. I'm sorry for the need to make them, but know they will be much appreciated!

Post a Comment