Wednesday, April 23, 2008

And the CHF Backgrounder Blitz continues - Day 5!!


Today our challenge is to stamp with 2 or more backgrounders. I chose Beate's Weekend sketch 44 from last week (recognize the colors from my green owl on Monday?) for my layout and black accents for POP! Don't ya just love the black cherry on the cupcake? Those are Sprinkles brads (Kissy Fit by Queen & Company) I got at All That Scraps! They are itty bitty - just too cute!

I LOVE these bright colors together! Pixie Pink, Green Galore, Tempting Turquoise & Not Quite Navy. I discovered this fabulous bright combination of colors from the greatest resource called Scraptitude where you plug in SU! colors to coordinate! I started with pink passion & basic black & went from there to see what I could make with the scraps I had. That is the FIRST thing I do before I cut a new sheet of cardstock. Then the next day I kept the scraps together to make the owl card & try to do that until the scraps are so small I don't feel so bad about throwing in the trash. The other thing I do if I am not ready to do another card is put them in a cello bag for future use, because let's face it, there are SO many color combos out there I may not remember this one so this helps.

I used my Lined Paper & Large Polka Dot Backgrounder (both may be purchased from Cornish Heritage Farms) here with VersaMark (rediscovering my love for that watermark stamp too!) The cupcake & enjoy sentiment are from Kim Hughes' Baked with Love set and the 3 part sentiment in the lower right panel is SU! Lots of Thoughts SAB 2008

If you have never purchase from CHF before, and have liked what I've showcased on the BLITZ all week - check them out! Free Shipping with orders $35 or more, the prices are great, you can get wood mounted or mounted on smartcushion ready to use with your acrylic blocks and they are offering DOUBLE POINTS in their CHF Club until April 25th on all backgrounders purchased! I plan to get at least 4 for my stamping arsenal! Pin It

8 comments on "And the CHF Backgrounder Blitz continues - Day 5!!"

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 11:30 AM CDT said...

You go girl! I LOVE this card! So happy and bright!

Lee on 2:56 PM CDT said...

Donna!! I really am loving that color combination!! It's so happy and cheerful!!! Such a cute and sparkly lil cupcake!! I don't use my big background stamps much, I really do need to!! And I just got some of those tiny Sparkle Brads tooooooo.....aren't they awesome!!! :)

Carolina on 3:54 PM CDT said...

Love what you're doing with this Lined Paper Background...I think you've sold me on it and will have to go shopping when I get a break.

My Little Hobby on 12:12 AM CDT said...

Hi Donna! This is a nice color combination and a fun card. I like Cornish Heritage Farms too, but only have one of their background stamps.

Jessie/knightrone on 12:54 AM CDT said...

What a fabulous color combo!!! Super cute card!!

Angie Tieman on 5:29 AM CDT said...

This is so cute! Those colors are so unexpected together but look so good! You did a great job with all the different background stamps!

Deb Wood on 3:05 PM CDT said...

This makes me so sorry I didn't get the paper backgrounder, but there's always next time right. Love the colors so bright and pretty, the little cupcake is adorable!!

sophia landry on 10:56 PM CDT said...

Looks like you are having a ton of fun with these BG stamps! And green galore! Not a color I normally like, but you really make it work. Great fun! ( by the way, love your new adjective...hee,hee , I am also always trying to use new ones to prevent myself from sounding repetitive.)

Post a Comment