Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Photos of my sister's baby shower


The big sister - too cute, huh? Before leaving for the shower.
Shower hosted by Ann (top of photo in pink, who's like a sister to us) and Deana (middle sister who watches Gabby while mommy works), Val (mommy on the right in teal) & Gabby. I am missing from the photo (insert sad face)

Val opening her gift - had to brag on the 'Creative Auntie'

See, Melanie, she loves the Hoppys!



Edited to Add (photos from my sister's shower) - snagged the below from Monday's post.

*I keep forgetting to say the surprise I ruined last weekend was posting the pics of all the gifts I was sending to my sister for her baby shower (the ones for Baby Joseph) of all DAYS she chose to read my blog, it was right AFTER I had posted it all! DOH - I wanted to just cry (and I did a little when my cousin told me she saw it all) because I wanted her to have the full effect of the gift live at the shower since I couldn't be there. Sweet thing, is that she cried when she started to read what I wrote and had to have our cousin finish reading it, who also started crying. Then my cousin said even though my sister saw everything ahead of time, she still cried when she opened it at her shower on Sat. Gabby loved the blocks - she said 'oooh, blocks' and started playing with them. So guess who I'm making some blocks for next??

Pin It

10 comments on "Photos of my sister's baby shower"

Melanie on 12:12 AM CDT said...

I'm so sorry you had to miss that! glad that took lots of pic for you!!

Carolina on 12:15 AM CDT said...

Ahhh...look at that smile on your sister's face!!! I'm sure she'll smile like that every time she puts one of your beautiful little onesies!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhhh, what an adorable "big" sister !!! Absolutely precious!

Lee on 2:59 AM CDT said...

Those are such sweet photos!!! I'm sorry you couldn't be there....but wow do you all really look like sisters!!! And that little niece of yours is just a darling!!

Marilyn on 11:30 AM CDT said...

AWWWWW - such adorable pictures of your sister's shower! Love the expressions on her face looking at the awesome gifts you sent - she definitely looks just like you! And your niece is a little doll - I wanna give her a hug myself!! I know you must be beside yourself waiting for May to get here so you can go see them!!

Linsey R on 2:34 PM CDT said...

...and now you've made me tear up reading that!!! Women--I tell ya! I love seeing pics of her shower and your lovely family, even though you should've been there. I know how it is when you're far from family. I made it to my sis's baby shower last year and the baby was born just before Christmas, so I got lucky and got to see her. If it wouldn't have been during the holiday, I still wouldn't have met her yet! :) You'll be there soon enough and
get to see Gabby and the newest precious addition too! Hugs~

Jessie/knightrone on 4:24 PM CDT said...

I'm with Linsey, you just made me tear up too!!! So sorry you had to miss this, but you can tell, she loved what you made for her!!

sophia landry on 11:41 PM CDT said...

Well, maybe it was not a total surprise, but hey, it was such an awsome gift that she couldn't help but totaly love it!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 2:19 PM CDT said...

Oh I'm so glad she loved your fabulous gift!

Rose Ann on 8:47 PM CDT said...

I'm sorry you had to miss this too, Donna! You can certainly tell from the photos, how much she loved your special gift!!

Post a Comment