Saturday, March 29, 2008

Faux Onesie, Real Onesies and MORE for Baby Joseph


Here is my Labor Love for my nephew due in May. We will be going out for a visit and I can hardly wait!! I worked on these projects all last weekend & finished the last touches on Tuesday evening.


I had to make one of Lauren's Baby Onesie cards - here is her tutorial. It was super easy to make and I used Basic Grey's Oh Baby Boy Brighton for my patterned paper (for his other projects below too. It as perfect, using Green, Blue, Orange to make it BOY. I used Melanie's Just so Hoppy for the froggy announcing Joseph. He is going to be named after our Mom Josephine who died in 1996 and his paternal grandfather who also died in the 90's (Anthony). Joseph Anthony Gonzales. I can't wait to see his little face!!! The little bottle is from a Fiskars clear stamp baby set.

I love stamping real onesies too - I made some for Gabriella (Joseph's Big Sister) before she was born too. I think these came out better because I have more ROCKIN' stamps now!! Used Kim Hughes U R A Hoot for Cornish Heritage Farms on the Owl - Who Loves you? See the versatility in this set?? And Stampin' Up!'s retired Favorite Teddy for Wanna Snuggle? Isn't this cute!?? Who doesn't wanna snuggle with a sweet smelling baby?!

Some of my favorite all-time sets by Stampin' Up! are the Crayon sets - alphas (got both) Crayon Kids, Accessories, the first Ronald McDonald Heart & Home set. They are just the most charming for kids stuff! Sure wish they would come back with more!!! It looks cute with the froggy huh? It was my DMIL's idea to put Hoppy Baby...genius! Then of course since we live in Texas and they live in CA - I have to make a Someone in Texas Loves Me! But how perfect is it that I now have a Texas Shape!!? When I made my niece's I had to spell it out...this just takes the cake! Lastly the All in the Family set looks super delightful to have the whole family on the baby and to convey the message they are 'BLESSED' is appropriate.

Here is the Memory Tin I made to keep in his room. I got inspiration from semichocolate who got her inspiration from Beate Below is a picture of the contents of the tin. The tabs are for Joseph's Firsts of the Year my sister can jot importatnt stuff on & then transfer to a scrapbook if she wishes (and I hope she does). I really had a lot of fun making all of this. Melanie let me borrow her Tiny Treasures stamp from her What's in Your Tin 1 so I could complete the front of the tin.

Lastly (and thanks for sticking with me this long) is everything that fits in the tin (with the exception of the little frog). I made a set of wooden blocks covered with the patterned paper - tutorial by Emily at Stamping & Stuff (couldn't find the exact one, but if you do a search you can find it). It's real easy; just cut your paper to the block size & adhere with a coat of mod podge on the block and over the paper. Then sand the edges. I used SU!'s lots of chipboard letters (dipped them in VersaMagic Chalk Ink Spanish Olive). I also covered a small notebook with the paper & wrote on it 'Joseph said (did) the cutest thing today'. This is a notebook she can jot neat stuff in. I made one for my niece too but we ended up using it just to write notes to her because some day when they can read (and understand) they will know by the words we wrote how much we love & cherish them. There's something priceless about having hand written notes from your loved ones.
I have to share a picture of Gabriella - taken on Easter Sunday. This is one of her favorite books, preparing her to be a Big Sister, she already knows what she's going to do with Joseph when he gets here: feed the baby, hug the baby, etc. It's so cute when she says it all!


















Pin It

19 comments on "Faux Onesie, Real Onesies and MORE for Baby Joseph"

Barbara Schram on 7:29 PM CDT said...

OMGOODNESS...you have been a busy stamper! I love this coordinated set...what a blessing you are to your family! The colors are dynamic and your work is awesome! I love how you worked everything together.

Angie Tieman on 8:58 PM CDT said...

WOW! YOu have been busy! That is the cutest gift set ever! They are going to be blown away!

Lee on 9:21 PM CDT said...

Oh Donna....it's all just so beautiful!! And creative and I absolutely am getting some great ideas for gifts!!! But I don't know anyone expecting right now!! LOL The onesies are sooooo adorable!! And I just love the tin with the little goodies!! You are such a sweet Auntie!!! And that sure is a precious "big sister" photo!!! Ohhhh.......now I'm walking down memory lane from when mine were wearing onesies!!! LOL

sophia landry on 11:35 PM CDT said...

All I can say is wow girl! You did an amazing job! Looks like it was time consuming, but definitely a work of love. Awsome, awsome job!

Rose Ann on 11:38 PM CDT said...

Oh my goodness, Donna! You busy girl! I love this set!! Fantastic, and soooo cute!!

Janine on 7:58 AM CDT said...

What a wonderful aunt you are!!! All of these projects and cards are wonderful and I am sure will be cherished forever!

Melanie on 9:36 AM CDT said...

This is ALL so AMAZING!! when you said you'd been busy, I had no idea! WOW!!!

Deb Wood on 9:57 AM CDT said...

This is adorable, one of the cutest I have ever seen and a great idea for a new baby!

Kim Mraz on 3:35 PM CDT said...

whoa...you are amazzzzing!!
I love each and every one of your adorable projects ;)

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 3:58 PM CDT said...

Oh my goodness, Donna. . .what a fabulous gift! You have really been busy! I LOVE every onesie, the onesie card, the box. . .the WHOLE package! How wonderful!

mel m. m. mccarthy on 6:20 PM CDT said...

Oh how very very sweet! I love that frog. The way you have him on the onsie is irresistible! :0) Mel

Linsey R on 1:39 AM CDT said...

Leaping Lilypads!!! I see your Hoppy reign continues and with renewed verocity! Joseph is going to be the luckiest little guy in the great state of CA, that's for certain! OMGosh, those onesies! I am in love with all three of them! You're an old pro on these, making them for Gabriella over 2 years ago, wow (those are great too, btw!) That onesie card is absolutely precious as is the coordinating tiny treasures memory box--way cool idea that I must CASE immediately! Now those blocks and the handmade notebook are so very amazing! Your sibling won the *sister lottery* when she got you, I tell ya! You are an absolute talent, thank you so much for sharing with us all! (ps, I love the namesakes for baby Joseph and especially Anthony since it is also a family name in my family and my only nephew's name too, yay!) hugs!

Kristine on 4:48 PM CDT said...

WOW--you've been busy!! :D LOVE LOVE LOVE all of it. Those onsies are so cute :D Froggy is so adorable too. Makes me wanna get my froggy set out now. CiaĆ³!

Carolina on 5:58 PM CDT said...

LOVE IT!!! What a wonderful gift for you to bring to your nephew...he will treasure each item I'm sure. I can't even begin to point out which one I like most...I just keep looking at all the items and how beautifully they coordinate with each other...you're amazingly talented and thanks for being so selfless and sharing it with us. You're a wonderful sister and aunt!

Marilyn on 10:20 PM CDT said...

You blow me away girl - EVERY TIME!! These are just the most darling gifts for a little boy - I know how hard it is to create masculine stuff!! These onsies are just adorable!! What an awesome keepsake for little Joseph!!

Vanessa on 10:28 PM CDT said...

What a WONDERFUL gift! This is a labor of love that is awesome. The onesie card is adorable along with the onesies!

Debbie Olson on 10:57 PM CDT said...

Oh, WOW, Donna! What a fabulous little froggy ensemble this is! I thought that the tin was really cute, then started scrolling down. . . It just kept getting cuter and cuter! Great job, a labor of love, and congratulations!

Jessie/knightrone on 12:14 AM CDT said...

Wow is all I can say!! That and you are making me look bad!! I need to get busy making my nephew stuff!!! Love all of it!!

Jennie Skaggs on 9:53 PM CDT said...

WOW...what a fantastic gift for someone having a baby.....everything is fantastic. Jennie

Post a Comment