Saturday, March 1, 2008

Gate Fold Chicky


I think this is my first ever gate fold card. I thought this paper from DCWV Nana's kids was perfect for this because of all the different rows of pattern on the same page. I used my chick from Just so Hoppy and the flower in her feathers is from Just so Hippy (I want to say hair but Linsey is right, chicks have feathers...but it sounds funny to say that). I didn't put a sentiment on this card because I wanted the chick to send a little sunshine to my friend (that's more like a sister) who had to put her cat down last week so I just wrote a sweet note on the inside letting her know I was thinking of her. {hugs Yolis} Pin It

6 comments on "Gate Fold Chicky"

Kristine on 11:08 PM CST said...

Oh, awesome Possum!! I have that glitter paper too :) but not the chickie.. he's too cute!! (or SHE)

Lee on 11:45 PM CST said...

Oh what a delightful card!! I love little chickie opening up the card for a cheery message!! I'm sorry to hear about your friend...those are definitely tough times. I'm sure she'll appreciate such a comforting and sweet card!

Melanie on 9:54 AM CST said...

oops, I didn't scroll down far enough earlier, adroabel!! is that from that Nana's kids again, too cute! A perfect fit on that scallop punch, I need to try that!

sorry about your friend's cat :( Mayeb you ccould send her my virtual cat widget?(it purrs and everything)

Angie Tieman on 9:59 AM CST said...

What a cutie! Makes me so ready for spring and Easter!

Rose Ann on 1:29 AM CST said...

That is such a cute gatefold card!! I love the papers, and of course that adorable chick!!

Yolis on 5:56 PM CDT said...

Thank you for the card! It was the only card anyone sent me because I think you were the only one who truly understood about losing my kitti Ponchi. You are a very loving and kind friend. When you come down next month I'll show you my little kitty memorial frame I made. God has blessed me with a friend like you! love ya!

Post a Comment