Sunday, March 23, 2008

Dragons & Fairies


Here is the first card I made using my Darling Dragons by Artful Inkables. I LOVE the star sparkle in her set, I used it here to create a mystical background for my birthday dragon. Isn't he the cutest?! So fun to color...like his birthday balloons? They are highlighted with my new Copic Spica Clear glitter pen I got from Ellen Hutson's store, which is real nice, I'm sure I will be getting more colors but love the look of glitter over a colored image for sparkle. I highlighted the dragon with my Sakura Glitter Pen - love that too! See the sparkles on the centers of the stars on the background? THose are itty bitty dot sparklers by Stampendous that I got in my gooodie pail in Feb. LOVE those too! I love a lot today, huh?? Colored image with Prismas & OMS.

Here is the first card I made using my Enchanted Fairies set. I used the cloud from my Darling Dragons set for the fairy to sit on. I kept this card simple but now wish I had sponged some blue for clouds in the background. My designer paper is Basic Grey Two Scoops and I used my Rectangle nestabilities on my image & dp. Colored with Copics & highlighted with Sakura Glitter Pen. I tried photographing the dragon near the angel but it did not work. How cute does the fairy look next to the Angel, though??
Pin It

12 comments on "Dragons & Fairies"

Lee on 6:09 PM CDT said...

OH gosh how stinkin' adorable!!! Basic Grey dp is so perfect with that little tyke!!! I definitely need to order one of those Spica pens......gorgeous!!

sophia landry on 8:45 PM CDT said...

So cute Donna! These are some great images you got! I love your style!

Shannan Teubner on 9:57 PM CDT said...

Love them both! You rock!

Unknown on 9:58 AM CDT said...

very cute! Love those new images.

Anonymous said...

Adorable cards, Donna!
Hugs and smiles

Carolyn King on 1:01 PM CDT said...

Beautiful job with those stamps. Love both of the cards---the first is amazing--love the belly sentiment! THe second is too cute!

Jessie/knightrone on 9:13 PM CDT said...

OMGosh those images are so adorable!!! I love how you staged the pictures too!! Adorable

Deb Wood on 6:29 PM CDT said...

Oh my this is adorable, love these fairies!

Linsey R on 11:27 PM CDT said...

OH, these are so adorable! I love the dragon and balloons, so very magical and fun! Now, that little fairy is so sweet and I adore the fluffy cloud she's sitting on! What a super idea to do that! You are such a clever girl! very sweet cards, Donna, tfs!

Rose Ann on 5:13 PM CDT said...

Both are sooo cute! And your coloring is wonderful too!!

Kristin on 2:59 PM CDT said...

You've done a SUPER JOB with these images! I LOVE your ideas and how you used so many of the different elements in the sets! Do you mind if I post pictures of these in my gallery on my website?

Jean on 8:58 PM CDT said...

These are such cute images Donna TFS!

Post a Comment