Saturday, March 22, 2008

WSC40 - Calla Lily for Mom


Did you know Calla Lillies come in colors other than white? I wasn't sure before I colored this so I googled them and my inspiration for coloring them came from this photo. I used Summer Sun & Ruby Red.

The Calla Lily stamp is from my happy mail yesterday. I ordered some new stuff from Artful Inkables. Kristin Soboloski opened up her webstore just this week and is having a Grand Opening special:

Spend $30 and get 3 FREE stamps!
Spend $50 and get 5 FREE stamps!
Spend $65 and get 5 FREE stamps and FREE shipping!
Free stamps will be picked by us from our current stock and it will be a nice surprise what you get! Dont worry we won't put in anything lame or junky, only the good stuff! Size of stamps range from 1" all the way to 6 1/2". *

I couldn't resist her Darling Dragons or her Enchanted Fairies Check out Kristin's blog for some inspiration using her new stamps. I made 2 cute cards using both the sets I got last night but am having difficulty getting good pictures (inside is dark and outside there's a bit too much sunshine) so I will have to wait until this evening to post, plus my camera battery died so it's charging right now.

On my card, I used patterned paper and olive velvet ribbon both from my goodie package from Linsey. So pretty. The sketch is by Beate WSC40 (I missed the past 2 weeks *sad face*)
Pin It

11 comments on "WSC40 - Calla Lily for Mom"

Melissa on 12:51 PM CDT said...

Lovely Donna!

Many Easter Blessings,
M.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card, Donna!
Happy Easter!
Hugs and smiles

Lee on 3:41 PM CDT said...

Donna!!! This is STUNNING!!! And I didn't know Calla Lillies came in any other colors! Wow!! Just beautiful coloring!!! And the velvet ribbon is an absolutely perfect touch!!

Just when I think I'm gonna be good and stop my spending spree you have to mention dragons and fairies!!! LOL

Carolina on 4:33 PM CDT said...

Wow - gorgeous card and you did an amazing job coloring the Calla Lily - reminds me of the ones my grandmother used to have in her backyard. Love the ribbon treatment...just darlin'!

Elizebeth on 4:46 PM CDT said...

I LOVE these colors, just gorgeous! And I am eyeing those fairies as well, I just love them!

Unknown on 10:19 PM CDT said...

Wow!! You did an awesome job with these lillies!! What a gorgeous card Donna!! :) Happy Easter!

sophia landry on 8:44 PM CDT said...

Oh wow, this is gorgeous! I love the watercoloring on this one! So elegant and stunning!

Shannan Teubner on 9:58 PM CDT said...

OMG! Donna...this is gorgeous! Love it!

Jessie/knightrone on 9:18 PM CDT said...

I always think about that AFTER I color a flower. I just figure it can be any color I want right?? Your coloring is gorgeous, and no I didn't know that calla lilies could be other colors than white!! Good to know!!

Linsey R on 11:46 PM CDT said...

those calla lilies are gorgeous...the real photo and yours!!! Oh, your Mom is in for a wonderful treat, this card is absolutely beautiful!

Rose Ann on 5:18 PM CDT said...

This is just gorgeous!! Beautiful coloring!!

Post a Comment