Sunday, March 2, 2008

Sweet Stitched Birthday


This is my first time sewing on a card, not sure what took me so long, but here it is! Well, I know...I just never think of doing it and last year in the clearance section in Hobby Lobby (love that place) found a cute sew craft machine for $3.59! Of course it's no Janome because I can only do a straight stitch but who knows? Maybe one day I will spring for one! I was inspired to sew because of Gina K's great tutorial the other day.


I love these colors! I got them from my favorite website SU Color Combos - I would have NEVER thought of putting them together but they really work! Of course I think one reason is because they are fun, sweet & cheerful just like the set I used by Gina K - How Sweet It Is (Stamps for a Cause, Adult & Juvenile Diabetes).


I used my Large Polka Dot Backgrounder by Cornish Heritage Farms and Canvas by SU! on the cardbase. Colored w/ my prismas & osm. The 'celebrate' sentiment is Love & Happiness rub-on by SU! Only 15 more days of SAB to take advantage of something free with a $50 purchase!!


Colors are: Purely Pomegranate, Ballet Blue, Chocolate Chip, Lavender Lace and Gable Green. Pin It

4 comments on "Sweet Stitched Birthday"

Lee on 9:26 PM CST said...

Oh what a fun card!! I love the cheerful colors and the polka dot bg!! I tried one of those tiny sewing machines and only made a huge mess!! I think I've got hubby talked into a Janome!! ;)

Rose Ann on 1:24 AM CST said...

I love the colors, and your sewing looks great!! Sweet card, Donna!!

Melanie on 7:00 AM CST said...

did you saw three dollars! oh my! (hey theres' anther Jenome giveaway right now check out Allison's blog) I agree, these colors look great! turned out awesome!

blah on 2:22 PM CST said...

This is cute!!!! See, I think I need a cheapo craft sewing machine because all I'd do is sew straight lines on cards if I had one--I don't need to be fancy schmantcy since it worked so well for you here!

Post a Comment