Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Howdy Owl


I have been eyeing these stamps for a while now; U R a Hoot (Owls & Graduation) set by Kim Hughes for Cornish Heritage Farms - as well as the lined paper backgrounder. I received them this weekend and it took me a few days to ink them up; this is the first card I made with it. There are SO many images in the set, I still have half to trim so I can use them.

I got my Paisley cb embossing folder at Hobby Lobby this weekend in SE Austin (that's a bigger store than the one by my work) and had a 40% off coupon-I was so excited they had the new ones! I have to go back for a few more soon. I wanted to use it with this set for sure. I tried something new with my Prismacolor Pencils & OMS (have you checked out the awesome tutorials by coloring Queen Ila? Check it out here. I tend to leave my white spaces near the center of my images, while she does on the outer edges (totally different look) so I tried super hard to do it the opposite of what I always do and here is the result. Like it?? I do, but I think I need more practice! Luckily I have LOTS of line art images (hmmmm....wonder why?) Because I love to COLOR! The Howdy sentiment is from My Favorite Things Ride 'em Cowgirl which I won in a blog candy from Kim V! It's so cute, but the rest of it still has to see ink. So many stamps, so little time...

Pin It

13 comments on "Howdy Owl"

blah on 10:19 PM CDT said...

Love this!!!! I saw this set on Debbie Olsen's blog and thought it was cute. Darnit, I don't *need* it, do it! I do like the different look coloring and love the piece with the backgrounder and the sentiment--very cute!

Angie Tieman on 10:29 PM CDT said...

Oh no! Why are you tempting me with these precious owls?!!! Love your card, that notebook paper in the corner with Howdy is tooooo cute!

Melanie on 10:33 PM CDT said...

super cute, you did a great job for your first time, I wouldn't know it!
(I need to practice putting my light on the inside AND outside, period!

Joy on 11:47 PM CDT said...

Donna, this is soooooooooooo cute!!!! Love the layout and that adorable Owl!

Lee on 12:21 AM CDT said...

Awww.....owwwwwwwwwwwwl adorable!!! LOL He sure is a cute owl!! And I love Prisma pencils and OMS.....but I haven't tried leaving white aroung the edges....I really like that look!! I'll definitely have to give that a try!! And the lined dp is so perfect for a school/grad look!!!

Carolina on 4:31 AM CDT said...

What a cute owl and beautifully colored!!! Love the textured background and the paper is just perfect background for this image. Thanks for the coloring tutorial - I'm off to check it out. Hope you have a wonderful day!

Ila on 11:51 AM CDT said...

What a Cute Owl!! ..I almost ordered this set..oh well....Your coloring and card is Fabulous!!! Thank you for mentioning the coloring tutorials..I'm so glad you liked them!!

Unknown on 2:06 PM CDT said...

Such a cute card Donna! That coloring tutorial was neat - I'll have to try it!! Thanks for the link! :)

Linsey R on 7:47 PM CDT said...

Oh yes, I love it! I'm totally going to try that too! How exciting--only folks like us could get so fired up over a new coloring technique, lol! I have been wanting to get an owl of some kind forever and he's just adorable! Your new paisley cb looks fantastic on this shade of cardstock and I love love love that patterned tree limb!!! Super awesome look and the turned notebook sheet holding the greeting finishes it perfectly! Oh! I just saw that stapled ribbon mini-loop too...HOW cute!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 11:18 AM CDT said...

Oh I LOVE it! Don't make me buy that set and backgrounder. . .don't make me do it! LOL

Rose Ann on 4:59 PM CDT said...

This is so adorable, Donna!! I love all of the dimension, and your coloring. ( I had to chuckle when I saw this, 'cause I just got this set and background stamp as well).

Jessie/knightrone on 11:19 PM CDT said...

I love the lined paper backgrounder!!! So cute with the sentiment!!! I love the way the owl is colored too, I need to try that!!! Thanks for sharing!!

Kim Mraz on 4:03 PM CDT said...

oh' my cutemess Donna!!!
GREAT job :)

Post a Comment