Saturday, March 8, 2008

Bunny Xing


I had an idea for a week now (after finding these pink pom poms when I was cleaning my stamp area) to do a bunny from behind using Just so Hoppy. I loved Melanie's idea of the chick from behind here - so why not the Bunny??

I have really been having fun making little nature scenes, can you tell? Well, I figured since the Bunny will be delivering a basket of flowers why not make a road with him crossing it? I got some instruction from Sophia (Moonlight Inker) to make my grass more realistic. She is such a great stamper & artist! I get so much inspiration from her blog and she is super sweet, we have emailed a few times about miscellaneous stuff. I have to give credit to Michelle Zindorf too, she makes the most amazing backgrounds & posts tutorials for her creations all the time. I used one of her tips by tearing copy paper to make my grass & road lines. I used my Lovely as a Tree SU! set for the trees, Just so Hippy for the flowers on the grass and added cherry blossoms to the tree as an afterthought & I'm glad I did, I think it makes a world of difference! I know because I photographed it before I did it & I think the feel of Spring really pops off the page now.

Don't forget to 'Spring Forward' for Daylight Savings Time tonight before you go to bed! Pin It

13 comments on "Bunny Xing"

Janine on 2:56 PM CST said...

Oh My Gosh !!! This is just amazing !! I love it !!

Lee on 5:15 PM CST said...

I love your nature scenes!!! And that little cottontail bunny is the CUTEST ever!!!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 5:23 PM CST said...

This is just ADORABLE, Donna! You are so clever! LOVE that pom pon

Connie R. on 8:23 PM CST said...

Oh how cute. Love your idea.

Connie R. on 8:23 PM CST said...

Oh how cute. Love your idea.

sophia landry on 8:38 PM CST said...

Aww this is so cute! I love it. Scenery's are just so much fun to make, and it looks like you really outdid yourself with this one. So much detail, and so much fun. Thanks so much also for the kind comments. It always an inspiration to come here, and i always see the coolest projects!

Dawn Easton on 9:06 PM CST said...

Oh so cute! Love the bunny scene you created!

Jana Weaver on 1:35 AM CST said...

Donna...this is TOOO cute!! I love the little pompom tail!! Such a clever idea!! :-) And...can't wait to see YOUR SU! cards. :-)

huntla1 on 4:38 PM CDT said...

Adorable! I love that pink little bunny tail! What a great idea and you did a fabulous job putting it all together!

Linsey R on 1:46 PM CDT said...

How absolutely FABulous! What a super adorable and clever scene, that pom pom tail is so stinkin' cute! Love your take from Mel's backward chick, you are so good! Zindorf is awesome too and I must check out this Sophia who seems super inspiring too! This is such an outstanding creation, Donna! I'm CASing this one for sure--just gotta get some pink pom pom (only have bright green and gold, probably NOT going to work, lol!)

Rose Ann on 3:33 AM CDT said...

Oh my gosh...this is way cute!! I LOVE that bunny tail and your beautiful scene!!!

Deb Wood on 6:41 PM CDT said...

Congratulations Donna!!

I absolutely love this little bunny's butt and the scene you created is sooooooooo adorable, with the trees blooming, the little patches of flowers and grass, the sky, and sign, everything!!

Jennie Skaggs on 8:55 PM CDT said...

Lovely...it is absolutely darling. Jennie

Post a Comment