Monday, March 17, 2008

One of a Kind Twist & Smoosh


Here is one of the cards made at last Thursday's stamp class. We learned different ways to use Glossy Cardstock - have you ever tried them all? There's like 33 that I know of from a document I found on SCS. I showed the ladies about 5 of them. One was the above card. You take a solid stamp with some type of dots, squiggle or confetti (the closest I had was rom Boho Backgrounds the circles. You stamp and smoosh your design turning it slightly. That's the background piece using Pretty in Pink & Old Olive. Then we used the big flower from One of a Kind with Timber Brown StazOn (the interesting thing is that it looks a little on the 'green' side which matches quite lovely. What I love about this combo is that the pretty background shows through the flower! With this card, I not only introduced the technique but the Styled Silver Hodgepodge hardware & twill in the new Occasions mini as well as the Boho Blossoms punch. Everyone LOVED this card.

Pin It

12 comments on "One of a Kind Twist & Smoosh"

Jessie/knightrone on 8:06 PM CDT said...

I love the colors on this card!! The background is so pretty!!!

Lee on 9:18 PM CDT said...

Oh wow!! I've never heard of stamp and smoosh!! What a gorgeous card!! I'm absolutely gonna have to try that now!!! I want to come to your classes!!!

Angie Tieman on 9:54 PM CDT said...

Ooooh, love, love, love this!! I'll have to try it, the colors are fabulous and it really pops!

Rose Ann on 10:04 PM CDT said...

I love your background and pretty stamps and colors! The new hardware is lovely as well!

Barbara Schram on 10:04 PM CDT said...

I can see why everyone loved this card! It is fabulous...I will have to try this...and your photo staging for the card is a WOW!

blah on 10:08 PM CDT said...

This is a great card!!!! Love the colors!!!!!

Kanani on 11:05 PM CDT said...

Very pretty and simple. I love it!
The Crafty Goddess

Deb Wood on 9:15 AM CDT said...

Very pretty, Love the new twill and silver!!

Linsey R on 11:18 PM CDT said...

I love it too! What a neat technique and with gorgeous results! hmmm...is flying to TX for a stamp class going overboard??

Carolina on 4:44 PM CDT said...

What a pretty card! ove the layout and the color combo...this must have been a wonderful class!

BTW - you should have all your goodies from my blog candy today or at the very latest tomorrow. Sorry I haven't been in touch about it sooner. Hope you have fun playing with all your new stuff!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 4:51 PM CDT said...

I LOVE it too! It's so simple, and BEAUTIFUL!

StampingBetty on 1:03 AM CDT said...

very nice, it looks pretty!
i'll have to hunt for those 33 ways...

Post a Comment