Thursday, April 24, 2008

CHF Backgrounder Blitz - Day 6!!


Tomorrow will make the end of the CHF Backgrounder Blitz (insert sad face) - and their release of 2 new backgrounders!!! I sure have enjoyed all these challenges, and chatting with the gals participating in the threads. Today's challenge to to use masking of backgrounders in your creation. I decided to make a faux layer card (instead of calling it a one layer card) - using my coluzzle to make a frame for my focal image. I used my Pretty Pattern BG in Soft Sky ink & sponged around the mask with River Rock before removing it. Then, I stamped my Petal Prints in Soft Sky & Blue Bayou over it. Finished off with my Warmest Regards (retired SU!) sentiment. Pin It

8 comments on "CHF Backgrounder Blitz - Day 6!!"

Marilyn on 9:20 AM CDT said...

This is so elegant Donna! I love your masking technique and the sponging - I just got a colozzle and I am going to try it out - thanks for sharing this awesome technique - I am addicted to your creativity LOL!!

Bee's Zen Garden on 12:48 PM CDT said...

I love that background, I need that stamp! (It's on my wish list! :-))
I love how you used it. :-)

Deb Wood on 3:07 PM CDT said...

Simply beautiful Donna!

Lee on 10:34 PM CDT said...

That's just gorgeous!!! I haven't ever tried that large of a masking project yet! It's beautiful and I don't even notice it's one layer.....I love your Faux Layer expression!!!!!

sophia landry on 10:53 PM CDT said...

This is really cute! Love how you masked the oval and stamped the BG. Simple, yet elegant and totaly non fussy.

Anonymous said...

Love how you have done the oval and background here. This is so gorgeous!

Janine on 6:11 AM CDT said...

Very pretty!

Carolina on 11:44 PM CDT said...

Just lovely - the layout, the oval and the ribbon all work so great together!

Post a Comment