Sunday, April 20, 2008

WSC44 - Green Owl?


I just realized I manage to do Beate's weekend sketch every other weekend, interesting. It doesn't mean I don't want to do it every weekend, but sometimes I just don't have the time to squeeze it in. This time I did and it's a great one - WSC44! I think my proportions are a little off, but I was using scraps from another challenge I did with these same colors for the backgrounder blitz at CHF. I will upload that one the day of the challenge because I was making it in advance. If I make a card with a particular combo I like, I try to do at least 2 to use up my scraps. This one is bright & fun so I definitely wanted to use it again. Have you ever seen a green owl? I haven't but one of the most fun things with stamping is that you can let your imagination soar!

I also threw in Sharon's stamp simply ssnotime31 - to use black accents because of the bright colors I knew would POP. I used Kim Hughes' U R A Hoot (owl & balloon) & Baked with Love (the cake, let's celebrate & enjoy) you can get at Cornish Heritage Farms. And below is how I decorated the inside, inspired by the lovely Sharon Harnist.


Pin It

10 comments on "WSC44 - Green Owl?"

Lee on 11:45 PM CDT said...

What a fun and cheerful and happy card!!! I love all those background and colors.........they're so awesome together in the cool sketch!! What a great owl card!! I never saw so many owl stamps all at once!! LOL

Rose Ann on 12:08 AM CDT said...

Your little owl tag is so cute! I love the pretty colors too!!

Barbara Schram on 7:55 AM CDT said...

What a terrific way to use up scraps! The owl is cute, cute, cute! I love the inside sentiment!

Dawn Easton on 8:07 AM CDT said...

Donna, your card is awesome! I think your idea of using the scraps was fabulous!! Love the little strip on the inside...adds a lot!

Unknown on 11:01 AM CDT said...

so cute, are you trying to make me buy that owl??!! LOL

Kristine on 12:20 PM CDT said...

Sooo cute--even if he IS a little under the weather...OH, I mean GREEN!! :D LOL!!! Very cute Donna ;P

Linsey R on 5:09 PM CDT said...

How pretty and the colors make it really cool looling too! I'm still gonna try and make Beate's *weekend* challenge--I love yours! Super birthday card, Donna!

Deb Wood on 7:46 PM CDT said...

This is just adorable, love that little owl and the purple!

I finally got all three of Melanie's sets so I'll be back to look for ideas. You are one of the hippy hoppy queens!

Anonymous said...

Donna, I love the way you colored the owl! Gorgeous, happy and FUN card.
Hugs and smiles

Jessie/knightrone on 1:03 AM CDT said...

How totally adorable!!

Post a Comment