Friday, May 23, 2008

Friendship is a Sheltering Tree


I used Jen's Sketch for you to try from 5/17 (SFYTT) and paired it with my new set by Kim Hughes called The Landing Pad which is a set of 27 images including this tree, several styles of branches, a few birds, this birdhouse, some fruit, flowers, and MORE! Go take a look at it at Cornish Heritage Farms. It such a value at $24.99 and you can get free shipping on an order of $35 or more. You will get your order within 2-3 days. I used my Prints Pack by SU! for my patterned paper, colored with my copics and the birdhouse is suspended from the tree branch by linen thread and swings with the bird on it for movement. I used my 'Friend Centers' set for the sentiment, which is a lovely set by Lisa Strahl for CHF as well. I also added my faux dew drops to finish off the sketch.

We all know friendship helps us weather through life's storms. I was reflecting on friendship and truly believe friends come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime. No matter which they are, it's important to acknowledge it and cherish it for the length of time it lasts. I can say I never regretted being friends with anyone I have formed a connection with and although with lots of them our paths may have taken us apart; their memory lives on in my heart because it was not by chance we became friends. It was just not meant to be lasting. For those that have lasted, I am truly grateful that the effort has been a two-way street and no matter how much time passes between talking or seeing one another, it always picks up right where it left off. That is the sign of a true friendship. Pin It

15 comments on "Friendship is a Sheltering Tree"

Alex on 12:28 PM CDT said...

Beautiful card Donna and I just love the sentiment behind it! Have a great weekend! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Barbara Schram on 12:51 PM CDT said...

Even on vacation, you still are making all of us feel so good! This is a wonderful card and a treasure.

Monika/Buzsy on 12:57 PM CDT said...

Great card Donna! Love the lay-out... the bird house hanging... TFS! I just got my set this week. :o)

Deb Wood on 1:46 PM CDT said...

Very pretty Donna, I love the little bird house hanging from the tree and the gems are a fab touch!!

jjcreations on 3:15 PM CDT said...

Cute tree and birdhouse. Joan

Lynn Mercurio on 7:27 PM CDT said...

What an adorable card. Love how you have the birdhouse hanging from the tree. Creativity at its finest.

Shannan Teubner on 8:19 PM CDT said...

Girl this is fabulous! I love it!

Bee's Zen Garden on 11:35 PM CDT said...

Love your card and the swinging motion is so cute! :-) I love birdhouses, I think I'll need that stamp set one day!... ;-) (love the birdbath in it too!) probably when I will get this darn coveted backgrounder! LOL

Lee on 12:37 AM CDT said...

Oh gosh Donna!!! What a gorgeous and truly heart-felt card in tribute to friendship!

Dawn Easton on 8:46 AM CDT said...

Beautiful card Donna! Love the birdhouse!

Angie Tieman on 10:25 AM CDT said...

THis is WAY cute! Great mix of things, super cute tree! Love it!

Carolina on 2:32 PM CDT said...

What a pretty card and love this set...just lovely! And your thoughts about friendship are so on the mark.

Jessie/knightrone on 4:23 PM CDT said...

Your coloring on this is awesome!! This is gorgeous and I love your view of friendship, so true!!

Rose Ann on 11:40 PM CDT said...

I love this, Donna! That little birdhouse and bird look so cute hanging from that tree!! Adorable!!

Linsey R on 8:02 PM CDT said...

oh, you are so sweet, my friend! I feel so very blessed to have crossed paths with YOU! Your card is truly wonderful! Your coloring is absolutely stunning--I mean, really awesome! This tall tree is wonderful and I love how you made the hanging birdhouse! How quaint and charming! Another terrific creation! Hugs!

Post a Comment