Tuesday, May 12, 2009

CAS14: Rock ‘n Roll Blooms & Mother’s Day


CAS14 rock and roll blooms

I think my favorite challenge on SCS is Monday’s Clean and Simple Challenge – these cards are no fuss, quick and fun!!  This week we are to use the Rock ‘n Roll technique {CAS14}.  I stamped my medium-sized blooms from Bold Flowers by Gina K (the 1st StampTV kit) in Pink Pirouette ink then rocked & rolled the outside of the stamp in Riding Hood Red ink.  I did the same with the small bloom in Baja Breeze and Pacific Point ink.  I used Jen Del Muro’s Sketch for You to Try from Saturday for my layout. 

gift from above

Here is the card I made for my oldest sister, Val for Mother’s Day– my personal cheerleader during my time of unemployment; she checks on me nearly daily inquiring about my progress but not to the point that it bothers me.  It’s certainly in a good way because I was in a slump the past few weeks.  I am getting my butt in gear this week and getting some things done I have been putting off.  I thank all my friends who have been so supportive, thoughtful and encouraging to me (you know who you are!) I have some more RAKS to share I’ve received since the last time I shared (that’s on my To Do List). 

I used the bloom from Friendship’s Garden, greeting from Notes to Mom (one free with 3) and the Softly Spring digital papers all by Gina K. (most recent release).  The black checkered ribbon is from the StampTV embellishment kit

easter

I am so proud of my sister & brother-in-law and how well they are caring for, teaching, disciplining and loving their children; they are so happy.  I know our mom & dad would have been so proud of them too {Mother’s Day & Father’s Day – even after all these years they have been dead, is still so hard for me}.   I wish we had them around longer than we did!  This is their Easter picture together, I can’t believe only 8 more days and I will be able to love on these sweet kids!!  

Pin It

7 comments on "CAS14: Rock ‘n Roll Blooms & Mother’s Day"

Unknown on 12:18 AM CDT said...

First, I have to tell you that your Mother's Day card for Val is beautiful! And I love that label-- who makes that die? Second, when I read about your family, I can't help but think of mine. I was thinking all day today about my nephew (he died new year's day) and wondering how my sister got through Mother's Day this year. At the same time, we were all missing our mother. I thought about you on Sunday and wondered how you were doing. Well, take care, Donna.

Anonymous said...

Baby Sister, Thank you for creating such a lovely card for me! It means the world to me to know that you are proud of me, especially since I Mama can't tell me herself. Thank you for being my cheerleader, too! Gabby is so "escited" to see Auntie Donna and Nino John. She's looking forward to doing "projets" with you. Love you, Big Sister, Val

Christi Flores on 1:28 PM CDT said...

These are beautiful!!!!

Jennie on 2:40 PM CDT said...

Love these two cards...the one for your sister is so elegant. Gorgeous designs...

What a beautiful family your sister has...just precious children :o))

Sandra MacLean on 5:07 PM CDT said...

Donna, your mothers day card for your sister is truly beautiful! Such soft, feminine colors! I sincerely wish you all the best with your job hunting. Even though my hours have been cut in half, I am still thankful that I still have a job. There are only a handful of employees in my field in this area, so I count my blessings every night. ((big hugs))

Rose Ann on 10:52 PM CDT said...

Your R & R flowers are soooo pretty, and I love the colors & ribbon treatment!! Gorgeous and elegant Mother's Day card for your sister as well!! (Fabulous family picture!)

Ila on 1:20 AM CDT said...

Both cards are Gorgeous!!...and the photo of your sister and family is Beautiful!..I wish you a ton of luck with the job hunting!!...Have a Wonderful Weekend!..Hugs, Ila

Post a Comment