Monday, May 4, 2009

Taylored Expressions Sneak Peek Day 2


fathers day hammer

I may not be the only stamper out there with a shortage of masculine stamps, even though my card giving occasions for men are really few and far between. However, with this new Whimsical Wishes set Boys will be Boys, I will have lot of choices for making great masculine cards!

On my card, I used the tool belt for my focal image and the new
Father’s Day Key Ingredients, a great selection of Prism cardstock colors: Intense Orange, Tawny Medium, Intense Teal, Island Mist, Light Blush and Red Dark. The patterned paper is Cosmo Cricket Lil' Man and the neutral cardstock is Choice Buttercream, in addition to some great coordinating ribbon, 20 screw brads, and a package of coordinating buttons.

Two things I used on my card that are not included in the key ingredients but is available in the Boys will be Boys Bundle, is the metal sheet behind my focal image and the fun little silver hammer charm (I cut off the hole that was on the top since I wasn’t using it to hang on anything) and the metal sheet was 'hammered' with the screws for visual interest!

I used the SCS sketch for my card from two weeks ago {SC225} which is great to showcase the great pattern papers in this kit!

Here is info on the special bundle this month - all this great stamping stuff will be available for purchase tomorrow May 5th at 10:00 a.m. CST at Taylored Expressions!

Boys_Will_Be_Boys_Bundle

Be sure to check out all the other masculine cards Taylor and the Baker’s Dozen Design Team have to share with you!

Taylor VanBruggen
Ana Wohlfahrt
Charmaine Ikach
Dawn Easton
Denise Marzec
Jen Del Muro
Jodi Collins
Karen Giron
Karen Motz
Laura Frederickson
Lori Schmidlin
Sankari Wegman

Come back tomorrow for the release day & more sweet creations from the design team!

Pin It

12 comments on "Taylored Expressions Sneak Peek Day 2"

Christina Fischer on 10:14 AM CDT said...

What a great masculine card, Donna! Love the metal sheet -- so cool! :)

Jami on 10:21 AM CDT said...

Did you hammer that metal background piece? It looks great!

Denise Marzec on 10:37 AM CDT said...

Awesome card, Donna. Love it!!

Jodi Collins on 10:44 AM CDT said...

LOVE this Donna!! The effect you achieved on the metal is FANTASTIC! LOVE the layout too!!

Taylor on 11:33 AM CDT said...

So fabulous, Donna! I love how you distressed the metal sheet by hammering it! Great idea!

Karen Giron on 12:20 PM CDT said...

Nicely done - love the texture on the metal sheet! Fantastic card, Donna!!

Julia Aston on 1:40 PM CDT said...

How fun Donna! love the juxtaposed DP panels and the metal! what a great tool belt - cell phone and all!

Dawn Easton on 2:03 PM CDT said...

Donna, this is fabulous girl! Love that you cut out the tool belt and mounted it right on top of the cool metal!! That looks AWESOME!

Christi Flores on 2:16 PM CDT said...

OMG Donna this is wonderful!!!

jacque4u2c on 2:39 PM CDT said...

Donna - this is just to adorable! My hubby would love it! Great job!

Tina on 9:36 AM CDT said...

OH I am really loving that musculine stamp!!! Great card, Donna! I'll be sure to check out the whole set!

Sankari W. on 11:21 AM CDT said...

Beautiful metallic embossing Donna - LOVE this card - and you so rocked that layout!!! You are awe-some!!!!

Post a Comment