Sunday, May 31, 2009

For Gabriella


love you bear

At the Gina K. Release party, our In the Spotlight Designer, Melissa Shultz came up with a great challenge – to Celebrate the Children in our lives.  Her challenge is to make a card for a child in your life to tell them you love them.  You have until tomorrow evening at 7:00 p.m. CST to upload your entry. 

This challenge was easy for me since last Tuesday, I came back from a visit to CA for our nephew’s 1st birthday and I have lots of photos to share (you’ll have to wait until Weds to see the Little Buckaroo, though).  This post is all about his big sister, Gabriella.  She loves her Auntie Donna, and loves to get mail from Auntie Donna so it was perfect timing to get a card made for her so I can slip in a few wallet-sized photos from our trip and tell her I love her & miss her! 

I combined Jumping for Joy, Sporty Accessories and Ribbon Stripes for this cute Bear Love U card, along with some Lime Rickey dp from my StampTV kit this month!  The ribbon is from Taylored Expressions (pumpkin twill).  I’m sure she will get a big smile on her face when she opens this card!!

gift from Carolina

Here are  a few photos from my trip I promised.  I was so glad to see Carolina again on this trip and meet her DH Andy.  She as so kind to bring along a birthday present for Gabby, which was last month and she was not able to attend the party with her nephew Gaven.  Gabby was so disappointment as her baby brother opened all his loot until she realized she had presents to open!   The first was the most adorable pink & brown sweets dress – I adore the seersucker feel of both dresses as well as the ice cream cone, cupcakes and cherries on this first one!  She was quick to try on the dresses & model her jewelry for us!  She is such a girlie girl and we all soak it in! 

sweet

Here is the halter-style dress!  She put this on over her jeans and looked adorable, it scares me some of the poses she struck, but made us all crack up because she loves to take pictures!!

funny

She was showing off all the jewelry Carolina her, I love this picture!!  She ended up falling asleep at the dinner table while me, her mommy and Nina Andrea played the 90’s board game past midnight!!  It was so cute, one minute she had her arms folded at the table while she was participating in the game and then got super quiet, the next thing we see is her head on her arms and she was fast asleep.  The girl had a LONG day playing in the bounce house & swing set with her cousins & friends, riding a pony, taking pictures, eating, visiting and swinging at the pinata!  What was even more funny is that the next morning she walked into the living room still wearing her dress & jeans and made sure to put her white flip flops on!  She cracked us up!!

auntie loves gabby

I love this picture; it’s one of the last few we took together - I don’t have enough of those, since I’m usually the one taking the pictures! Well, I was taking the picture here too – the first few came out all right, it’s always tricky trying to not look goofy when you take a picture of yourself with someone else, usually the heads are way too close and someone may end up out of the picture.  With this one, my left arm out was cut off and that was o.k. but for the fact that I was able to capture me kissing her and  the sweet look on her face is priceless!  I think this is my favorite picture we’ve ever taken together!  It’s worth a thousand words and they all say LOVE. 

Pin It

5 comments on "For Gabriella"

NinaB on 2:34 AM CDT said...

What a cutie! My middle daughter has the same name, but we call her Gaby. And your card is beautiful.

Tina on 9:50 AM CDT said...

Awww Donna... just to darn cute!! LOVE that dress with the cupcakes... LOL Just your style!

Ila on 11:25 AM CDT said...

Your card is Super Cute!...Your niece is just Adorable!! and the photos are Fabulous!!..Thanks so much for sharing!!...Hugs, Ila

Carolina on 2:56 AM CDT said...

This is for sure the best way to end this day and start of this week! Gabby looks amazing in all her new stuff...so glad she liked them all and check her out all dolled up with all her new jewelry!!! She has seriously melted my heart! Thank you so much for sharing such adorable pics!

LOVE the pic of the two of you...can't wait to see what you'll do with it, I'm sure something fab!!!

Melanie on 6:14 AM CDT said...

I can just imagine what you looked like at that age! ;)

Post a Comment