Wednesday, May 20, 2009

May 20th Key Ingredients Subscription from Taylored Expressions


I’m excited to share this month’s key ingredient subscription supplies with you, along with an exclusive Baker’s Dozen project I made!  You know that’s one of the many benefits to joining this key ingredients subscription, each month you and here they are in a nutshell (you can visit Taylor’s blog for the complete rundown:

Tons of creativity in a box!
Key Ingredients savings
You get them FIRST!
Fun Monthly Challenge
Baker’s Dozen Samples
Storage
Store Discount

For my project this month, Taylor challenged us to make a set of all occasion  note cards that will be ready in a flash when needed with no sentiment on the front, additionally, to incorporate some stitching (faux or real).  I made my note cards for my sister as a thank you for when we stay with her (funny, I made my project in March for her too-remember the flower chipboard album from my trip in October?).  She loves my cards and it’s been a while since I gave her some.  I packaged them in a clear box so you can see the card on the back side & stamped envelope on the front (wanted the tag to stand out). 

one sheet
I first set out to find some stamps that would not compete with the great patterns in this collection of patterned papers so I got out my Botanical Dreams set by Gina K. Designs.  I used some retired SU! colors True Thyme & Cranberry Crisp and stamped one sheet of Choice Buttercream cardstock with it.  Then I cut them down for the fronts.  I made 8 note cards but had a few sheets left over.  

supplies

Here’s a picture of all my supplies: pads, markers, sponges, scor-bug for my faux stitching (have you used that yet? it’s so quick & fun to use!), ribbons, embellishments and cardstock bases. 

cards
My faux stitching was done on my stamped panels and I adhered various pattern papers on the fronts along with different embellishments (in which I barely made a dent into---I could have easily made double the cards just adding a few more sheets of cardstock!)

cards2
It was so fun mixing & matching all the patterned paper & embellishments!  These cards are my favorites.

cards3
Thanks for sticking with me with this LONG post! 

 cards4

You can always find inspiration for our monthly subscription kits under the keyword TEKISMay (for this month) on SCS and as you begin creating with your Key Ingredients, we hope you'll use this same keyword when you upload so we can see what you make! 

Mondays in May Special at Taylored Expressions
The TE Favor Box Sampler. Taylored Expressions is proud to offer a wide variety of favor boxes and die cuts in your choice of 40 different Prism cardstock colors. Each favor box is offered in a minimum quantity of 10 (same style and same color) for only .50 per box. We know that many of you would like to try several of our most popular favor boxes and just have some fun playing with them, so we've created a sampler of 10 customer favorites in a variety of colors of our choice. This sampler is available this week only at the very special price of only $3.00 - that's an incredible 40% off! Limit 3 Samplers per customer. The offer ends 5/24/09. Samplers will not be available after 5/24/09, so don't delay!

Here are the other members of the design team who have their projects to share today! 

Taylor VanBruggen
Ana Wohlfahrt
Charmaine Ikach
Jodi Collins
Karen Giron
Laura Frederickson

Pin It

9 comments on "May 20th Key Ingredients Subscription from Taylored Expressions"

Karen Giron on 10:34 AM CDT said...

Donna, these are amazing! I'm loving all the coordinating cards - awesome job!

Jami on 10:38 AM CDT said...

Great set - and it looks like it was really fun to create!

Sankari W. on 11:15 AM CDT said...

WOW!!! What an amazing set of cards you created!! Those papers are just beautiful! Love how you showed off these beautiful prints! Your creations are always so beautiful Donna!!HUgs!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 11:57 AM CDT said...

What a great set of cards, Donna! Love them!

Jodi Collins on 12:31 PM CDT said...

These are awesome Donna! Your sister is SO lucky to receive these!! LOVE how you have showcased all the gorgeous papers!! Scor-Bug you say...hmmm...do I need such an item??? LOL!

Karen Motz on 1:02 PM CDT said...

Gorgeous Donna! What a fabulous set of note cards...just perfect for any occasion.

Denise Marzec on 8:17 PM CDT said...

Holy Moly, girl, those are some GORGEOUS cards!! Wow Wow Wow!!! Love the papers paired with that Gina K set.

Carolyn King on 11:03 PM CDT said...

great job donna--you really showed how versatile this kit is!

Jennie on 1:24 PM CDT said...

Great job on all of these. Love this idea and that is a GKD stamp set I don't have... :o) Beautiful cards!

Post a Comment