Monday, April 21, 2008

CHF Backgrounder Blitz Day 3!!


All I can say is WOW! I have to say I am blown away by the ideas for this challenge! I am blown away by the WHOLE backgrounder BLITZ period! This is the BEST challenge I've ever been involved with; getting SO many ideas, so much positive feedback, I am in awe!

Our challenge today is to stamp on anything but paper. How fun is that?! So on my first project, I stamped 3 colors of Palette ink (from my Lautrec cube pack) on the Large Polka dot backgrounder then stamped on the twill {same with the sentiment, direct to rubber). It's real easy to do that with the 1-inch pads! Tried to re-created the multi-colors on Tyson's (CHF Stamp of the Month) polka dots with my pure color pencils (SU!). Are you in LOVE with him yet??! Surprised to see Kraft c/s again?! HA! How cute are those green & blue mini brads? They came from the Basic Grey brads to coordinate with my new Cupcake paper pad. Did I tell you the Lautrec cube packs do too?! It was totally NOT intentional when I bought them, go figure?! Guess my brain functions even when I'm NOT trying to work it!
On my other project, I stamped Tyson with Palette (Beaux Arts Blue) ink on white polyshrink. He was colored with Pure Color pencils...look how VIBRANT they turn out?! I have a renewed love for Pure Color Pencils too! How cute are these? Guess who gets them?! Yes, my sweet soon-to-be 2 yr-old niece, Gabby. Who by the way, I had a date with on the webcam last night so we could see her open her birthday gifts. Boy, that girl KNOWS her money! Her face just lit up when she saw the $2 she got! I heard the idea somewhere, to give a child the amount of $ to coorespond with their birthday. It won't be long that she will KNOW that every year on her birthday she will get $1 more dollar! Of course that won't be ALL she gets. But if you ask her what she does with her $, she says, "piggy bank" and you ask her what the $ is for? The genius of a girl says, "COLLEGE" get out?! Is that NOT the cutest thing you've ever heard? Just imagine HEARING IT?! She cracks me up! Naturally she has NO clue what college is, but for her to even remember that is the funniest! Oh and not surprisingly, the little Princess tin I made her, it was definitely her FAVE! She wouldn't let either of my sisters even touch it. She said, "no, Gabby Do's" Gabby Do you say? Well, that's what she calls herself because her mommy made up a song about Gabby Do, it is so precious, I tell ya. Can't wait to hug & kiss on that girl!

P.S. - forgot to mention I won a backgrounder from Day 1 uploads! I am getting the Grid Paper one. And I won Gina K's new set 'Owl Always Love You' - (out of 398 entries!!) you know how much I love my owl set by Kim Hughes? Well, I know for a fact I will love Gina's too! How blessed am I?!?! Pin It

9 comments on "CHF Backgrounder Blitz Day 3!!"

Angie Tieman on 7:08 PM CDT said...

Wow! These are awesome! Love those polka dots on the twill tape!! Not stamp on paper?! That would be a challenge for me! You did a great job!

joslyn on 8:11 PM CDT said...

those earrings are tooo sweet.

Nicole on 8:25 PM CDT said...

how adorable are those earrings?! :D

Deb Wood on 10:13 PM CDT said...

These are soooo absolutely adorable!! Congratulation on your win. I wanted to get the owl set last night too, but the whole budget thing gets in the way, There's always next time and I am so excited to finally get the hippy/hoppy collection.

Lee on 12:02 AM CDT said...

Wow!!! Amazing!! Of course!!! No surprise that you won.....and those earrings........CAAAAA-uuuuuuuuute!!!!!!

Carolina on 4:15 PM CDT said...

Love the card and Tyson is just adorable! Your stamped strip of twill came out awesome...so perfect to go with this this little guy!

Congrats on winning the Grid Paper background, Owl Always Love You stamp set and let's not forget your runner up place in Melanie's contest...you've been on fire these last two weeks and I'm so thrilled for you!

Rose Ann on 10:24 PM CDT said...

Cute card and adorable earrings!! Awesome!!

Jessie/knightrone on 1:02 AM CDT said...

I swear you are about the luckiest person on Earth!!! Couldn't happen to a nicer person!!

Libby Hickson on 2:48 AM CDT said...

Oh my gosh - adorable!!!

Post a Comment