Friday, April 18, 2008

CHF Backgrounder Blitz Kickoff Day 1!


Wow, I had such a great stamping afternoon/evening today (after a sweet hour and a half nap of course) I made 6 cards and a non-card item for the Cornish Heritage Farms Backgrounder Blitz that kicked off in the forums this evening. I had to make them ahead of time-glad they were posted early because I have a lot of other projects going on that I needed to carve out my time to do them. I realized I need some floral stamps by CHF to go along with the 4 backgrounder stamps I have (and that I need more of those too)! For every backgrounder you purchase from April 18-25 you get DOUBLE CHF points for! woohoo! So here are the 2 cards I made for the first challenge BC01-sketch by Lisa Strahl.

My first card was made with the Leaves 3 Backgrounder - stamped in VersaMark on Soft Sky cardbase. I have a renewed love for embossing as a result of my last stamp club meeting. The hostess wanted to learn embossing. I taught them about 7 ways to use it and that's just the tip of the iceberg with it. Everyone sure enjoyed it, though including me so now I am using it more often. The leaves from Petal Prints are embossed with silver powder; I love the soft elegant look of it.


My second card uses the Stained Glass technique of embossing on vellum cardstock with a line art image and coloring the back with markers. I used the Always Heart for this, which seemed to be most everyone's favorite technique to learn--they were just wowed by it! I used Regal Rose, Rose Red and Always Artichoke, a few of my favorite colors.

Pin It

16 comments on "CHF Backgrounder Blitz Kickoff Day 1!"

Barbara Schram on 10:36 PM CDT said...

OMGoodness Donna, these are absolutely fabulous! I love what you did with this sketch and the technique you used with the cards. Just fabulous! I think I need to investigate CHF more carefully!

Kristine on 11:04 PM CDT said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this heart card! That image is FABULOUS!! You did an awesome job coloring it too--what a neat technique. Love your colors and layout too--it's gorgeous Donna! :)

Melissa on 9:21 AM CDT said...

Awesome Donna!

Many Blessings,
M.

Lee on 11:43 AM CDT said...

Donna..........they're stunning!!! I'm absolutely gonna try that stained glass technique!! The embossing is just so gorgeous and classy!!

Vanessa on 12:58 PM CDT said...

I have never seen the stained glass technique. Very cool. Your green card is simple and lovely.

Deb Wood on 2:44 PM CDT said...

Fabulous Donna!! Love them both, so beautiful! I will have to go check out this point thing. I was looking at the backgrounders last night and they are awesome!

Carolyn King on 4:15 PM CDT said...

gorgeous--love the sketch and the beautiful creations you made. Cannot even pick a fav. Great job!

Angie Tieman on 4:20 PM CDT said...

Wow! I'm sure they were in awe, these are awesome! That Always heart is gorgeous, I must try that! And I love the way you embossed the leaves right over the strip of paper on the other card, fabulous!

Michelle on 4:50 PM CDT said...

What gorgeous cards Donna, I really love the first one.

Linsey R on 7:31 PM CDT said...

Wowza, you are a busy lady!! These are both stupendous, Donna! I am loving that floral embossing, gosh it looks great! The stained glass technique used on your heart is stunning and the coordinating colors, beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing these beauties--now don't forget to show us all the wonderful projects you spoke of that are in the works! Gotta see everything you do! :) hugs~

Kathy K on 7:48 PM CDT said...

Hey there. I just found your blog through www.stampinwhenican.blogspot.com, and I wanted to let you know that I really dig your work. Nice job! Thanks for sharing with us!

Anonymous said...

That vellum heart if FABULOUS!!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 10:02 AM CDT said...

Just gorgeous!

Ashley on 7:54 PM CDT said...

OMG! These are so beautiful! Wonderful work! Hugs, Ash~
www.ashleyscreativecorner.com

Rose Ann on 12:13 AM CDT said...

Beautiful, beautiful cards!!!

Melanie on 8:44 PM CDT said...

really cool, thanks for turning me onto a new technique!!(I don't know if I have any stamps that will work with it, but...

you've been busy, I don't have time just now unfortunately to comment on all of the above but they rock!!

Post a Comment