Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Tyson's Birthday Wishes for Kim -Why I {heart} CHF


Since it's Kim's Birthday 37th today and I don't have her snail mail address, I figured I would send her a virtual birthday card using her Cornish Heritage Farms Stamp of the Month (SOTM) Tyson! How cute is he? I just realized recently that once these stamps of the month are gone I don't think you can get them again. He comes with a sentiment, "take time to enjoy your day" and he works with her other sets! Here, I paired him up with U R A Hoot, also by Kim for his party hat & balloon.

I used today's sketch challenge SC172 for my layout (wow a sketch challenge on the actual day)! Of course I used my Basic Grey Cupcake set (which is great for birthdays) I also used last week's TLC163 - Stacked Ribbon.
Tyson was stamped with Palette Cube Pack - Lautrec (Beaux Arts blue) from All That Scraps and colored with Prismacolor Pencils & OMS. Then highlighted with Twinkling H2o's kit 1263{which you can't tell from the photo, they really twinkle} those were purchased from Cornish Heritage Farms. They are fun to have, because of the 1-inch surface, I was able to only ink the bottom portion of the sentiment, real easily!

Hope you had a fabulous birthday, Kim!
Why I {heart} CHF - there was a challenge this week (didn't realize in the forums and I could play along) why I LOVE CHF. There really are a lot of reasons but I am to come up with 3!
One - they have unmounted stamps with smart cushion, deeply etched red rubber that you cut & are ready to use with acrylic blocks!
Two - they have a variety of images to choose from, including a Stamp of the Month (this post) and offer FREE shipping on $35 or more in product. And they recycle!
Three - they have a rewards program (Club CHF) & online referral program (where you could win $25, $15 or $10 by posting an online project to them via email for the monthly draw) and I WON last month! I was so excited to get Keri's email at the beginning of April saying I got the $25! It came just in time for their last release {I got Kim's Baked with Love, the SOTM and part of my twinkling h20's for that}
and lastly, it's all about celebrating with them - life, blessings, achievements, etc. so that's why I chose to make this card for Kim's birthday, and to celebrate more than just that - it's a celebration of all things CHF!
Pin It

15 comments on "Tyson's Birthday Wishes for Kim -Why I {heart} CHF"

Angie Tieman on 9:23 PM CDT said...

Another winner!! Love the bright, whimsical feel of it! That paper is so fun!

Lee on 10:19 PM CDT said...

Ohhh........what a precious lil turtle!! And such a sweet card!! Don't you just LOVE technology??? I have a couple of CHF stamps....gotta spread my addiction around!! ;)

Rose Ann on 10:19 PM CDT said...

Oh my gosh...this is sooo cute! I LOVE that turtle, and you've colored him so nicely, Donna!!

blah on 11:18 PM CDT said...

Donna,
This is super cute!!!! Man, you've been on a winning streak lately :-)

I totally want this BasicGrey paper. I actually walked out of my LSS empty handed the other day but I held this until I talked myself out of it. You know, "it's a want, not a need. . .use your other paper up first so you can buy more"

Linsey R on 12:22 AM CDT said...

What a neat post, Donna! These are all super reasons to love CHF and I think they're great too! This card is so adorable! OMgosh, my brother's name is Tyson and I think I have to get this now! It's funny, actually because we have always said that our Tyson looked like a little baby monkey when he was little and my other brother, Derek looked like a turtle, lol!! If this guy was named Derek, it would be even funnier! :) Great card!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh he is so so adorable. What a wonderfully fun and sweet card.

Unknown on 5:20 AM CDT said...

Awwwww!!! This is SO adorable! Love the bright fun colors and that darling balloon in Tyson's mouth! I'm going to have to try this!

Dawn on 6:35 AM CDT said...

Donna, Tyson is too cute,cute,cute! love the balloon!! and thanks for playing too!!

Deb Wood on 10:47 AM CDT said...

This is so adorable and cheerful, love it!

Unknown on 1:14 PM CDT said...

DARLING card!!!
And love your support and kind words for CHF!!!
Thanks for participating!
B-

Unknown on 4:20 PM CDT said...

Your card is adorable Donna!! That little turtle is just so cute! :)

Kim Mraz on 5:57 PM CDT said...

you are soooo wonderful!!! Thank you for my virtual card...how SWEET of you :)Your card is so, so, so adorbale. I am thrilled that you love CHF as much as I do

super huuuuge hugs,
Kim

Melanie on 11:13 PM CDT said...

so cute! love the balloon paper!

Carolina on 4:33 PM CDT said...

What an adorable birthday card! The colors and the layout just make this cute little guy pop.

Lisa Silver on 2:02 PM CDT said...

Such a darling card! I love his baloon!

I'm so appreciative of you stopping in the forums and participating. I couldn't agree more... I LOVE CHF!

Hugs,
lise

Post a Comment