Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Quad-Color Fairy


I got inspiration for the colors of this card from a group of prismacolor pencils that happened to 'group together' on my desk when I was creating a different card the other day. I glanced down at what appeared to be Sage Shadow, Summer Sun, Pumpkin Pie & Ruby Red and thought those colors could make a neat card. When I sat down to make it, I decided to throw in some black for POP. I was real pleased with how this turned out (but before it had the top panel, there was a sentiment from the Enchanted Fairies set by Artful Inkables, which I stamped crooked). When I showed it to my DH, he said, 'I think it would look better if you had a panel on the top too' and I said, hmmm...'I think you're right then I can cover up the crooked sentiment!' Then a better card was born!

I absolutely LOVE coloring these fairies! Check out my brads from 7 Kids College Fund - they are by American Crafts Cherry (which I thought would match Purely Pomegranate but match Ruby Red more) & Carrot (which match Pumpkin Pie wonderfully!) I'm always bummed Stampin' Up! doesn't carry all 48 colors in brads so now I think I'm on a quest for them where I can get them.
Pin It

12 comments on "Quad-Color Fairy"

Lee on 8:56 PM CDT said...

Donna!!! Wow!! Just as absolutely precious as can be!! I love the three panels!! Your dh has a good eye!! And YOU have a wonderful color choice......I think you should submit it for a CC.....it's fabulous!!!

Linsey R on 10:17 PM CDT said...

Wowzer! This is fabulous! Way cool that your DH helped you create an even more amazing card than your original--I love it when they are helpful like that. When mine finally realized that I am serious about this hobby and not going to stop shoving cards under his nose every night, he actually began truly looking and even giving me input at times! How neat! Congrats on a most beautiful creation--I'm so glad those prismacolor pencils were laying in that order, what a wonderful color combo! Love it, tfs!

Kristine on 11:17 PM CDT said...

WOW--never saw cuttlebugging done that way!! :D LOVE IT. She's too cute. I still haven't done the color challenge, but I DID get yesterday's done today,so maybe tomorrow I'll work on this cc. You have the cutest images Donna!! :D

Marilyn on 11:08 AM CDT said...

What a neat idea to cuttlebug different colors! Love the card design too! Love the little fairy - must go check out that website!

Melissa on 11:33 AM CDT said...

So sweet!

Many Blessings,
M.

Janine on 2:25 PM CDT said...

Very nicely done!! Love the three different panels with the Cuttlebugged background... Nice idea!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 4:41 PM CDT said...

What a different color combo, Donna! It's very cool! Love that stamped image and your coloring!

Carolina on 5:55 PM CDT said...

What a precious card!!! Love this sweet fairy and your color combo is just perfect for her!

Totally agree with you on the brad thing...it's so frustrating how they discontinue some really great stuff at times. I need to go check out this new little gem of a site you found...TFS!

Angie Tieman on 7:29 PM CDT said...

Wow! This is so awesome! Great way to use the Cuttlebug differently, I never would have thought of that!

Jessie/knightrone on 11:18 PM CDT said...

This is so fabulous!!! Love the color combo, and your coloring is amazing!! What a cute little fairy!! SO funny that your dh told you to add the top panel, my dh doesn't have a clue!! Love this card though!!BTW thanks for the tip about the brads, I need to get some!!

Rose Ann on 1:12 AM CDT said...

I love the different colors of your CB background! Your little fairy is so cute, and colored beautifully!

Paula on 6:04 AM CDT said...

WOW! I've just bought my cuttlebug and I'm looking for new ideas. This is brilliant. The colours are fantastic. Thanks for your help!

Post a Comment