Thursday, April 24, 2008

CHF Backgrounder Blitz - Day 6!!


Tomorrow will make the end of the CHF Backgrounder Blitz (insert sad face) - and their release of 2 new backgrounders!!! I sure have enjoyed all these challenges, and chatting with the gals participating in the threads. Today's challenge to to use masking of backgrounders in your creation. I decided to make a faux layer card (instead of calling it a one layer card) - using my coluzzle to make a frame for my focal image. I used my Pretty Pattern BG in Soft Sky ink & sponged around the mask with River Rock before removing it. Then, I stamped my Petal Prints in Soft Sky & Blue Bayou over it. Finished off with my Warmest Regards (retired SU!) sentiment. Pin It

8 comments on "CHF Backgrounder Blitz - Day 6!!"

Marilyn on 9:20 AM CDT said...

This is so elegant Donna! I love your masking technique and the sponging - I just got a colozzle and I am going to try it out - thanks for sharing this awesome technique - I am addicted to your creativity LOL!!

Bee on 12:48 PM CDT said...

I love that background, I need that stamp! (It's on my wish list! :-))
I love how you used it. :-)

Deb on 3:07 PM CDT said...

Simply beautiful Donna!

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) on 10:34 PM CDT said...

That's just gorgeous!!! I haven't ever tried that large of a masking project yet! It's beautiful and I don't even notice it's one layer.....I love your Faux Layer expression!!!!!

sophia landry on 10:53 PM CDT said...

This is really cute! Love how you masked the oval and stamped the BG. Simple, yet elegant and totaly non fussy.

Susan (rainy) on 2:45 AM CDT said...

Love how you have done the oval and background here. This is so gorgeous!

Janine on 6:11 AM CDT said...

Very pretty!

Carolina on 11:44 PM CDT said...

Just lovely - the layout, the oval and the ribbon all work so great together!

Post a Comment