Sunday, April 20, 2008

CHF Backgrounder Blitz - Day 2! Tyson takes a turn & so do I


Kraft is back!? Did you miss it? Here is Tyson (the stamp of the month) stamped with Burnt Umber Palette Ink & colored with Twinkling h2o's from the Kit 1263 I got from Cornish Heritage Farms. I used Mint Julep, Rain Forest (greens) and Sapphire on Ice (blue). Wish I could really capture the twinkle on these in my photo. These cards are for today's challenge #2 (BC02) Partial Backgrounder stamping - fading or stamping part of a layer. I used my Large Polka Dot Backgounder in VersaMark & embossed with clear powder (embossing is so fun!) Wonder how (or why) I have the open arrow on the card? Well, I made a boo boo with the sentiment & had to get creative because the card was almost done {all the layers, focal image assembled} so I took the scrap cardstock I punched my arrow out with & cut a small border around it & made it to highlight the part of the sentiment I didn't mess up! So now there was a cute green button to the rescue and the sentiment was complete. I kinda liked that mess up!


My second card is one that I totally got creative with and am so pleased with the outcome! I used the SCS Color Challenge (CC162) from this week: Blush Blossom, Groovy Guava & Basic Gray and it's just a LOVELY combo! I decided to stamp the bottom half of the card with Leaves 3 Backgrounder & use my cb embossing folder Stylized Flowers for the top half. LOVE the taffeta ribbon for a small accent here, as I did not want to make it distract from the sentiment focal image (which is heat embossed with silver)

Here is where I took a turn - to step up my card a notch! Since I was using my cb embossing folder on half of my card, I thought about Sharon's post on Friday to put a strip of coordinating cardstock on the inside of her card but didn't do that - thought why not use a portion of the embossing folder on it to match?! LOVE IT but I didn't stop there --- I decided to run my envelope through it too. I ADORE how that turned out! You know embossed stationery & matching envelopes are expensive! I think I see a stationery set coming on using these elements. How lovely would that be?!?

Pin It

14 comments on "CHF Backgrounder Blitz - Day 2! Tyson takes a turn & so do I"

Anonymous said...

How completely cool is this! I love the idea of the embossing inside! Beautiful card, too. tfs!!

Lee on 4:29 AM CDT said...

Okay Donna......that turtle is just the cutest!!! And the CC card so elegant and lovely!! But then you go and surpass everything with an embossed envie!!!! Wow!!!! Now I'm soooo going to have to do that!!! BTW....ready for the partay??? LOL

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 10:01 AM CDT said...

FABULOUS cards, Donna! Love Tyson and LOVE that Cuttlebugging!

Melissa on 10:24 AM CDT said...

Get the heck outta here! I'm am going to try embossing my envelopes today!

Many Blessings,
M.

Dawn Easton on 10:27 AM CDT said...

Donna, that first card is adorable and I'd have never known you made a boo boo....like the arrows!
Your embossing on the others is so pretty!! Even the envelope....FAB idea!!

Angie Tieman on 11:43 AM CDT said...

Wow! You were on a creative roll! Love the turtle card, the polka dots and arrows are so cool! And your embossing is amazing too! Love all the details and the envelope!

Bee's Zen Garden on 12:35 PM CDT said...

Love what you did with the embossing, and the envelope! too cool! :-)

Linsey R on 12:50 PM CDT said...

Donna, these are stunning! Tyson looks so cute! I love your apricot half-n-half masterpiece and that CB'd envelope...umm, brilliant!!! I'm gonna just call you Emeril cuz BAM!! You took it up a notch or 2 or 10! This looks superb and I'am SO going to try this too! You are so inspiring, GF! High five!

Barbara Schram on 2:13 PM CDT said...

Thanks for sharing the envie cuttlebug idea...can't wait to give that a try. I love that truetle too!

Rose Ann on 12:11 AM CDT said...

Great stuff here, Donna!! I love all of your embossing, and Tyson is sooo cute!!

Christina Fischer on 7:42 AM CDT said...

Donna, your Backgrounder Blitz cards are fantastic!! I love the way you used the CB on this one!!

Marilyn on 11:15 AM CDT said...

Donna - these are outta this world cute!! Love the embossing on the envies! I've gotta try that!! Congrats on winning the contest with Gina K too! How exciting for you!! Don't you just love the new sets they've come out with!!

Kristine on 12:26 PM CDT said...

AWESOME! Can't wait to see your stationary set ;P

Vanessa on 8:48 AM CDT said...

Too cool! The embossed envelope is just a great idea!

Post a Comment