Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Happy Mail from Saturday!


I had a great Sat (didn't get a chance to post because we were out all day at a Green Building show). It was so informative & really makes the reality of us building our own home hit. I am so excited although we are still a few years off. So we are in our preparations & savings mode right now which can be a real challenge at times (especially the whole 'budget' thing when we are only allowed one eating out meal a month!) that is SO rough esp when I get tired of cooking!) But thank God for my DMIL who gives me a break once a week & either treats us or cooks something simple even when she is not feeling well. DH is 'supposed' to give me a night or 2 off too, but that usually involves me still partly planning the meal or being sure there is frozen pizza for him to cook! ugh. I have to think of all the other positive things he brings to our relationship since cooking is not one of them. Oh well...I still love you honey even though it's a frustration at times {he actually reads my blog so I have to be good}.


Anyway after all the exhausting hours of vendor hopping we got an 'extra' treat of Wendy's (gotta love those $1 value menu items) and a nice nap...DH brought me some Happy Mail on Saturday!

I got this adorable squirrel card from Simone (aka Spazzgirl) Daily Dose of Spazz. Not only is she talented as a great scrapper & stamper but she is a single, HOT mama who seems to be doing a wonderful job raising Max and she is so funny! Simone also has another blog Scrap Your Crap in which something of mine will be highlighted in a challenge in May. Stay tuned. Isn't this card so cute?! I look forward to meeting her some day she visits her younger brother who goes to college here but for now we'll 'chat' via our blogs & email. Sonic is waiting for you, Simone *smile*


I got this beauty from the Beauty herself Lee Murphy (LuvLee on SCS) My Reality....It's All Good. I adored this double pocket she made for the challenge on SCS last week....little did I know it would end up mine! DH said it had a 'western' feel to it. Lee wrote the sweetest note on one of the pockets that just blessed my heart (and I feel was a segway to bringing us closer) she is so encouraging with her comments (and funny), lives in Colorado (which is where we almost moved to before we decided to stay) with her great hubby and 2 teenagers that she home schools! kudos to you, girl! Check out what she tucked into that 2nd pocket! A Starbucks card - what a treat because that gourmet coffee is SO not in the budget - what a blessing to me! Thank you again, Lee! By the way - yesterday was her birthday - go check out her blog & post a belated birthday wish! I meant to post this yesterday but I ran out of time! ugh Pin It

7 comments on "Happy Mail from Saturday!"

Lee on 3:27 PM CDT said...

That's an adorable squirrel!!! And you deserve only the best in life Donna.......you are a blessing to all those around you!!!

Carolina on 4:21 PM CDT said...

Oh you lucky girl - this is an adorable pocket card and glad she sent it to you...I know you'll cherish it. Enjoy your yummy java!

Vanessa on 4:27 PM CDT said...

What sweet treats you received. I decided that homemade gifts are the BEST! I totally empathize with you on the DH's and cooking. When my DH cooks, it is usually spaghetti or frozen pizza. It was only when we were dating that I got some lemon pasta with scallops. You gotta love them though ;)

Rose Ann on 10:21 PM CDT said...

These are wonderful goodies, Donna! Thanks for sharing them!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 11:37 AM CDT said...

BEAUTIFUL Happy Mail Donna! How fun! I know how tough it is with the eating out thing. That's something that my hubby and I always enjoyed and we've been trying to cut down on that significantly. . .it is TOUGH! Hang in there. . .it will be worth it when your new house is built! :)

Melanie on 4:04 PM CDT said...

wow, that pockets rocks!!

Jessie/knightrone on 12:59 AM CDT said...

What a gorgeous card!!! Isn't happy mail the greatest!!

Post a Comment